Question about Computers & Internet
One fine mng i'm getting this black screen, once i have removed my battery powered directly through the cable then it went upto password screen after that it has thrown an error msg "Hardware failure" after that when i switchon it on battery & direct power i'm getting the same black screen.
That may be a problem with either motherboard or HDD. contact a laptop technician, not a common pc technician in your local area.
Posted on Dec 03, 2012
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
probably itz either minor case of software corruption/improper ground/cpu fan..
or major case of faulty or defective main board/ram/daughter or addon card(s)..
..plz do check the following as in order:..
the Hardware part:..
1)a)in power on mode, open/unplug the data/vga cable of the monitor fromcabinet..see if raster or 'osd' is appearing on the monitor screen..ifso monitor is ok..else replace the monitor and see..[not applicable in case of laptop]..
b) in case of laptop try to get output from external display unit/monitor using vga port..if there's proper display in there..the problem is probably with either the 'lcd' or 'ccfl' or 'inverter circuit'..
2) if u hv a graphics card, replace with a standby or onboard and see..[not applicable in case of laptop]..
3) unplug mains supply..pick open/remove the cmos battery..check (above +3v)..resit..
4)seeif the ram(s) is loose/faulty..open clean/remove carbon & or oxideformed on the teeth with an eraser n resit it..or replace with a standbyn see..
5) a) see if ur hdd is noisy or emitting any 'ticking'noise (like 'tuk tuk' or 'kirr kirr')..
b) or if the system is not supporting either the newly installed device or itz software/driver /firmware
if so, u need either a fresh os installation or ur hdd is likely to breplaced..
6)remove/clean dust neatly..dust is non-uniform innature n may cause jam/short circuitry/excess resistance n manymore..resulting an increase in heat..
7) open the CPU Heat-Sinkwith fan out of the socket..put some "Heat Sink Compound" (available inlocal electronics chip level spare market) between the cpu/processor andthe CPU Heat Sink *** fan..resit/fit it tightly in position..
8)on main/mother board..see with a debug card for mb error..may bshort..look for defective capacitors(esp above1000mfd)/mosfets..gothrough the mb's south bridge n the circuit lie around atxconnector..the crystal clock generator (if cpu isn't heating up)..
9) [in case of desktop] the smps itself may b defective/faulty..check the outputs of smpsviz. 0v (black~ground); +12v (yellow); +5v (red, green~ps-on, violet~pg& grey~sb); -12v (blue); -5v(white); +3.3v(orange)..the 'oscillator and error amplifier ic', orpwm switching regulator circuit..look for defectiveprotector-transformer/resistance(esp 4.7k)/mosfet..
check the battery n adapter [main power], in case of laptops..
the Software part:..
1)hv a licensed and UPDATED antivirus installed (iprefer avg/kaspersky, remember, without updation a full version antivirusis useless)..
2) download, install n run microsoft kb890830..http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AD724AE0-E72D-4F54-9AB3-75B8EB148356&displaylang=en..
3) download n run Startup Control Panel..http://download.cnet.com/Startup-Control-Panel/3000-2094_4-10039330.html..'removeall the unnecessary startup items from here..(if u can't find whatto remove, post me/us in ur comment with all the items listed in eachn every tabs herein)..
4) remove all unnecessary software from add/remove programs..
5) download, install n run 'Advanced System Care Pro'..http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Pro/3000-2086_4-10399324.html..
6)disable the following:..
a)'Automatically Restart' right click on mycomputer->properties->advanced->startup n recovery->(uncheckon the) Automatically Restart;
b)'Error Reporting' right click onmy computer->properties->advanced->error reporting->disableerror reporting->(uncheck on the) 'but notify me when criticalerror occur'..
7) Increase the size of Virtual Memory, Initial: 1440; Maximum: 2880
if u r bot a professional, always better to seek advise from ur system admin/vendor....
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
This is copied directly from the Lenovo website.
Note: Do not forget your hard disk password! Keep it in a safe place. If you forget your hard disk password, there is no way to reset your password or recover data in the hard disk drive. Neither an IBM authorized reseller nor IBM marketing
representative can make the hard disk drive usable.
Posted on Jan 14, 2009
Batteries have a memory,
When the battery was new it most likely would run for 1.5 hours, but, since you didn't want the computer to go off, and you were by a plug-in, you plugged it in before it was completely or maybe sometimes not even halfway discharged. That is where it stated its "memory" - this got shorter and shorter = your battery "THINKS" it is totally discharged and reads as so.
There are programs on the web (can't advertize for pay programs or give you links to them - against the rules) - that will re-vitalize your battery to almost new condition by discharging it more and more till it is truly fully discharged, then will fill it back to like new charge time.
Or you can buy a new battery.
Posted on Jul 03, 2008
First, DON'T SHORT ANYTHING ELSE OUT!
Now, tell me how one sets a bios password, then just forgets it?
If you can prove ownership on a laptop as new as a DV4000, there are plenty of posts out there describing the proceedure for recovering the system. Occasionally even HP will helpout legitimate owners in situations such as this.
I'm sorry, but this isn't the forum for this particular problem.
Posted on Nov 25, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 19, 2012 | Lenovo 3000 Y410 Laptop
Jun 18, 2011 | Lenovo G550 Notebook
May 13, 2011 | Lenovo 3000 Y410 Laptop
Jan 24, 2010 | Lenovo 3000 Y410 Laptop
Apr 26, 2009 | Lenovo 3000 Y410 Laptop
Feb 12, 2009 | Lenovo 3000 Y410 Notebook
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: