Question about Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
My sorry for the information I gave you earlier, I have a desktop, Presario S0000 series (S3500CL) with Pentium 4. I am also wireless.
If you have installed any softwares recently it might slow down the pc as many softwares will install a startup file in order to start faster. You can shut these programs from starting up when the pc starts.
I put 2 steps to resolve this in order of simplicity.
Remove icons from the Startup folder
Some programs open with a shortcut icon in the startup folder (Startup icons). Use the following steps to show any startup icons that might be hidden and remove startup icons from the startup folder:
NOTE: Removing items from the Startup folder does not uninstall the software program.
1. Right-click the Start button, and click Explore . The Windows Explorer window displays with Start Menu already selected.
2. Click the plus sign ( + ) next to Programs .
3. Click Startup . The shortcut icons are listed in the right pane of the window.
4. To show any hidden icons, click Tools , click Folder Options , and click the View tab.
5. Click Show hidden files and folders (Windows XP/ME) or Show all files (Windows 98), and click OK .
6. Click an unwanted startup item in the right pane of the window and drag it to a blank area on the Windows desktop. Release the mouse button to drop the icon onto the desktop.
7. Continue dragging unwanted icons until all unwanted startup icons are on the desktop. Click Yes to any window that display asking to confirm the removal of a read-only file.
8. Close Windows Explorer and restart the computer for the changes to take effect. Delete the startup icons that were moved to the desktop after you are satisfied with the way the software programs are working.
If you find that a particular software program should not have been removed from the Startup folder, double-click the startup menu item to open the Startup window. Then drag the icon from the desktop back into the Startup window.
Posted on Jan 13, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 28, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Oct 24, 2010 | HP Compaq nc6220 Notebook
Dec 06, 2009 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Jun 14, 2009 | Compaq Presario SR1000T (568657) PC...
Jun 04, 2009 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Feb 21, 2009 | Lenovo 3000 N100 0768 - Pentium Dual Core...
Jan 09, 2009 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Jan 09, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario SR1920NX PC Desktop
Nov 16, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Aug 14, 2008 | Computers & Internet
516 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!