Will this Visioneer 4400 scanner driver work on Windows 7?
Currently there is no driver available for win 7.But one of my friends had the same issue and he
fixed it by asking windows to automatically find the driver from internet and it worked for him.So I suggest you try the same,this is what you need to do
1) First go to control panel,then open Program and Features.
2) Uninstall any driver for the Visioneer 4400 scanner that you have previously installed and reboot the computer,if there is no driver installed then skip this step.
3) Make sure your scanner is connected to the computer,now right click on "My Computer" and click "Manage"
4) Now choose "Device Manager" from the left panel and it should list all the devices on your computer on the right side.
5) Now select the option "Scan for Hardware changes" from "Action" menu on the same window,you can also do this by right clicking on any of the device name in the list (ex,drivers,keyboard) and choose "Scan for Hardware Changes"
6)A new category named "Imaging Devices" should appear on the device list now and when you expand it by clicking on the arrow, it should show your scanner as "42 Bit USB Scanner"
7)Now right click on "42 Bit USB Scanner" and select "Update Driver Software".
8) Now choose the first option,"Scan Automatically for updated driver Software" and Windows
should automatically find a working driver and install it.Now your scanner should work.
Let me know if it helped,good luck!
Nov 30, 2010 |
Visioneer 4400 Flatbed Scanner