- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
power off ps3,,then power on holding power button it will turn off then power on again holding power button here one beep keep holding then comes two fast ,release then ,,will pop up to a menu ,,asking to connect with a usb cable,,do that then choose 3rd option should fix u
Your hard drive is corrupted. You need to go to the PS Recovery Menu. You probably gonna loose most of your files if not all of them depending on the extent. Hopefully you have a backup somewhere. But you can fix your PS3 and get gaming again.
How to Access PS3 Recovery Menu.
1. Turn your PS3 off.
2. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear two consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the two beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
Once you are at the Recovery Menu you should see 6 options. Start with the first option and go up until you have tried #4 as well (if needed). One of them should fix the problem.
1. Restart System: Restarts the PS3 System.
2. Restore Default Settings This resets the system settings back to default.
3. Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
4. Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PS3
5. Restore PS3 System: This deletes everything and you will start from nothing again. Not a recommended procedure.
Turn off your Playstation 3.
Hold the power button down. The system will turn on and turn off once again.
Once the system has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
You will be promted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
The Recovery Menu will pop up.
It seems that your ps3 is experiencing the yellow light of doom:
1. Turn off Playstation®3. 2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again. 3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps 4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button. 5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button 6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports: • Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION®3 System. • Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default. • Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files. • Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION®3. • Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch. • System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION®3 System
You should reset the ps3 by holding down the start button untill it beeps three times then repeat this. A menu Should pop up.when the menu pops up you press restore ps3 system then it's all ready to go except you will lose everything.
OK you need to check the video connection behind the PS3 then behind the TV. If you checked that and everything is OK, I would hold the power button on the PS3, when its off, for about 2-3 seconds or until you hear 2 beeps. Then a screen should pop up and you should be good. If you have any other questions, just let me know.
Thank you and have a wonderful day.
Don't forget to rate the overall satisfaction of this solution.
make sure you turn the tv to hdmi before turning on the ps3 because the ps3 will sense the hdmi cable and a message will pop up asking if u would like to switch to hdmi and the message goes away after 30 seconds so click yes and it will come up 2 more times click yes both times and then it should be good hope this helped
The only thing I can recommend doing is backing up your info and then trying to get to the restore option under the ps3 before the green squares pop up, if you are not able then contact Sony before your lose your warranty.