Question about Tablets & eReaders
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: my coby tablet won't open
If your Coby tablet suddenly has no response or powers off, an elec-trostatic discharge may be the cause. In this circumstance, please follow these procedures for recovery:
1.Reset the player (use a paper clip to gently press the Reset button (on the bottom of the player).
2.Turn on the unit again
NOTE: Back up your data to an external source prior to performing reset.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Jun 17, 2011
Try to do a hard reset on the tablet. Since you cannot get to the menu options, you are going to have to do it through external keys. Here is how to do a hard reset using the external keys:
1. Turn tablet off. You may need to use two hands in this process to press and hold buttons properly.
2. Turn on the tablet with power button, wait a full 2 seconds from the time the tablet starts showing the manufacturer logo, then press and hold the down Volume key. (you should not hold down the power button after it turns on and logo appears)
3. "Android Recovery" will appear on top of screen if timing is done correctly. Release volume button. (if you continue to press volume down at that message, the message will cycle through "RSD, Fastboot, and back to Android Recovery. Make sure message states Android Recovery before you go to next step). If stuck at a RSD protocol or Fast boot screen, reboot the tablet by holding power button then pressing the volume up)
4. While screen states "Android Recovery", Press volume up button, the screen will say "Entering Android recovery mode" and a few seconds later an Android robot graphic will appear alone on the screen. Release buttons
5. Hold down power button and then press the volume up key together to see the Android Recovery screen menu selections
6. Use the volume buttons to move up and down through selection in this menu
7. Using the volume down button, scroll down to "Wipe data/factory reset"
8. Tap Power hard key to select option
9. Scroll down to select "Yes, delete all user data"
10. Tap the power button to select. Wiping and formatting data will take a few minutes.
11. You will return back to the Android recovery screen menu.
12. Tap the Power button to "Reboot system now" which will power-cycle tablet and eventually power back on to the Initial Set-up / Welcome screen present when you first turned on your tablet.
Posted on Feb 27, 2013
If the manufacturer doesn't support android update on your tablet then you will have to go the unofficial way of doing it. Try this website
Posted on Feb 15, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 01, 2017 | Tablets & eReaders
Dec 01, 2017 | Tablets & eReaders
Feb 05, 2014 | Craig Electronics 7-Inch Capacitance...
Jan 11, 2014 | Tablets & eReaders
Dec 27, 2012 | Tablets & eReaders
Aug 18, 2012 | Craig CMP741d Tablet
Aug 13, 2012 | Tablets & eReaders
1,510 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!