Question about Tech Solution TS-900 Calculator
I have not used this machine in some time, 4 years. I did replace the battery, but the only way I can turn it on is by pressing the AC key. When I do the display only shows 0. The numbers that I press will not show up on the display. What is wrongg here?
The ac key is you power on key. As far as not being able to input any numbers, make sure there is not a key that is stuck down or depressed. if so try to lift is up and you should be ok. Unless there was a liquid spill. In that case, cheaper to buy a new one.
Posted on Jun 16, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 08, 2014 | Casio FX85MS Scientific Calculator
Jan 11, 2011 | HP 48gx Calculator
Jul 06, 2010 | Texas Instruments TI-86 Calculator
Oct 29, 2009 | Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus Calculator
Seems to be a common problem on this otherwise great calculator that helped me through both high school and university. I've had mine for nearly 20 years and this problem showed up a few years ago. But I remember classmates reported the same problem when it was almost new.
If replacing batteries isn't helping, the problem is most likely caused by oxidation on the springs connecting the battery holder to the main PCB. The solution is as follows:
1. Remove the metal back cover (2 screws)
2. Remove the plastic back lid by removing the black screws (leave the batteries mounted) and CAREFULLY slide the back lid to the lower end (where the EXE button is located). Do not lift while sliding until the lid easily comes off.
3. On the back side of the plastic lid, very carefully bend the the two metal connectors ~1 mm on both batteryholders to increase their tension.
4. Clean the connecting pads on the PCB and the metal springs with de-oxidizer solvent.
5. Re-assemble and your 4500P calculator should be good as new.
Sep 04, 2009 | Casio Calculators
Apr 28, 2009 | HP 12c Calculator
Oct 09, 2008 | Texas Instruments TI-89 Calculator
Jan 29, 2008 | Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus Calculator
Dec 21, 2007 | Casio CFX 9850GA Plus Calculator
Jun 12, 2007 | Sharp EL-1611P Calculator
Jul 08, 2008 | Tech Solution TS-900 Calculator
65 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: