Question about HP 15.6" Compaq Presario CQ58-A10NR Laptop PC with AMD E1-1200
Laptop is turned on and screen displays message "selected boot image did not authenticate. Press enter to continue. when you press enter it shuts the laptop off.
Posted by Anonymous on
My laptop compaq CQ58 does not start up so it gives me this message selected boot image did not Authenticate. Press <Enter> to continue. If l press continue it switches off, Pliz help wat should l do
Posted on Mar 12, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Pressing the f8 key doesn't work either? This should boot the laptop to safe mode, if it doesn't then check the memory cards before you do anything else, try to get somebody with the same type of memory card to lend it to you. If that doesn't work, then your HDD is corrupted, and to re-install Windows.
Posted on Sep 05, 2009
SOURCE: Can not start HP mini
the hard disk must have gone bad, so when you go to bios go to diagnostics and run a test on hard drive, most probably if it fails , u need to replace the hard disk so call hp and u can replace the same
Posted on Oct 22, 2009
Either you have a memory issue or operating system problem.
First, try reseating (removing and reinserting) your memory (try one module at a time to test).
If still a problem, boot your system to Safe Mode (press F8 repeatedly). Go to System Restore and choose a date when your system worked OK. Note: with System Restore, everything, including your documents and other files you saved on the hard drive, will roll back to that date.
If still a problem, the last choices are Factory Restore and reinstall. Accessing Factory Restore (restores to the factory settings and will wipe out anything that you have installed or saved on your PC), is dependent on your hardware manufacturer. Boot your system and press F10, F11, Alt+F10, or Ctrl+F11 to access Factory Restore. Follow the prompts.
If still not resolved, you'll probably need to reinstall your operating system.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Dec 10, 2009
Testimonial: "Your safe-mode suggestion helped me get past this issue, although I specifically had to do safe mode with networking. Thanks for your suggestion."
SOURCE: My HP mini netbook won't reboot.
Press power botton then F8. few option there. select " last known good configuration ...." select & press enter & again enter. Systen start run again. If you found the same error then i suggest formate your OS and reinstalled it.
Thanks, i am waiting for your feed back & if you satisfied then thumps me please.
Posted on Feb 01, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 29, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Mar 04, 2015 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Mar 12, 2014 | HP 15.6" Compaq Presario CQ58-A10NR Laptop...
Feb 27, 2014 | Dell Latitude D630 Intel Core 2 Duo T7250...
Oct 11, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Oct 09, 2011 | HP Mini 1000 Netbook
Jul 19, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 2650 Notebook
1. Make sure the computer is turned off.
2. If any peripheral devices, except the optional external CD-ROM drive unit
(CE-CD05), are connected to your computer, disconnect them.
3. Turn on the computer.
4. When the message Press <F2> to enter SETUP appears, press F2. The
Setup Utility opens.
5. Insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM disk 1 into the CD-ROM drive.
6. In the Exit menu, select Load Setup Defaults; then, press Enter twice.
7. In Boot Sequence of the Main menu, set CD-ROM Drive to the top of the list;
then, press ESC.
8. In the Exit menu, confirm Exit Saving Changes is highlighted and press
9. Read the message on the screen, and select the operating system which you
had selected for the first time you use the computer; then, press Enter.
You cannot change the operating system from the first choice.
10. Read the message on the screen, and select the way to recover your system;
then, press Enter.
11. Read the message and select Continue; then, press Enter.
12. Read the message and select Continue again; then, press Enter.
13. If you see the message asking you to insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM
disk 2, remove the disk 1 and insert the disk 2; then, press Enter.
14. If you see the message asking you to insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM
disk 3, remove the disk 2 and insert the disk 3; then, press Enter.
15. If you see the message The Operating System has been recovered
successfully, remove the Product Recovery CD-ROM disk 3. The system will
16. When the message Press <F2> to enter SETUP appears, press F2. The
Setup Utility opens.
17. In the Exit menu, select Load Setup Defaults; then, press Enter twice.
18. In the Exit menu, confirm Exit Saving Changes is highlighted and press
Enter twice. The system restarts.
19. Set up Windows, following the instructions on the screen. When you finish
the setup, the recovery is completed.
Jun 02, 2011 | Sharp PC UM20 PC Notebook
Jul 18, 2010 | Lenovo ThinkPad T21 2647 Notebook
Apr 05, 2010 | Dell Studio 1537 Laptop
2,270 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: