Question about Kenmore Washing Machines
Pull out the filter, then you can clean it. carefully when you pull it out,
there are keys/knock, don't until broke.
Posted on Dec 02, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Lint is in majority flushed out in drain cycle. make aire the tissue and match books aren't in any pockets. the lint is then deied and separated in the drier , Well so I was told . good luck
Posted on Jun 15, 2009
SOURCE: washing machine lint trap
There is no trap per say. The lint catcher is self cleaning when the water is pumped out. It sounds like you are overloading it and the clothes are hitting the agitator. Operation should be agitation by water movement not beat by the plastic fins, run a wash cycle hot water no clothes to flush things out and try smaller loads.
Posted on Mar 14, 2010
Sears top load / direct drive washers don't have specific Lint Filters.
See the Use and Care manual for these washers for hints.
Posted on Apr 13, 2010
Testimonial: "The answer was sent back quickly. The information was very helpful."
If you experience a problem where the washer does not drain properly or the drain pump makes excessive noise, here's the information you need to check the drain pump:
Symptom: PUMP IS RUNNING, BUT NOT DRAINING PROPERLY.
1. Unplug the washer while servicing inside the unit.
2. Remove the lower kick panel under the door by removing the three 7mm screws under the bottom edge of the panel. HINT: Use a couple of blocks of wood to prop up the front feet of the washer to gain better access to the screws. Once the screws are removed the panel should drop down, and then pull off. If the panel becomes stuck, a slight tap on either side will dislodge it.
3. Locate the drain pump. It will be located directly under the wash tub (it is the only pump this washer has).
4. There is an access removal cover on the pump that can be removed to clean out the trap. BEFORE doing this, it is strongly recommended that you remove all residual water from the wash tub & drain line or you will have about a gallon or so inside your washer and on the floor to clean up.
5. Here's a helpful way of quickly removing the residual water. If you own a wet/dry shop vac, remove the drain hose from the standpipe at the wall and pull a vacuum with the shop vac. This will empty the wash tub, pump and drain lines. If you don't own a shop vac, grab a bunch of old towels and open the access on the pump slowly so that it comes out at a trickle. Allow the towels to soak up the majority of the water. Close the access and stop the water if you need to get additional towels.
6. Open the pump access and remove once you have all the water drained. Check the drain pump for foreign objects and debris. Check the pump impeller and make sure there's nothing caught in it. Items as small as toothpicks or cotton swabs have been known to stop this pump from working.
7. Clean out the pump thoroughly and reinstall the access cover. Make sure the cover is snug, but do not over tighten.
8. Place the drain hose back in the standpipe (IMPORTANT - DO NOT FORGET!).
9. With the bottom panel still off, plug the washer back in and select the following on the operator console - DRAIN SPIN, NO SPIN, and then press any button under OPTIONS 4 times (it must be the same button). "C00" will show on the console display as the washer begins diagnostics mode.
10. Check the drain pump for leaks as the washer fills. The pump is gravity filled and will hold water even it is not pumping. Allow washer to run through diagnostics until it begins the wash tub tumble cycle.
11. At this point, you can stop the diagnostics procedure by pressing PAUSE/CANCEL 2 times. The drain pump energizes and the washer will begin to drain.
12. If the drain pump works normal and there are no leaks detected, reinstall the bottom panel and tighten screws.
NOTE: It is normal to have residual water left inside the wash tub under the wash basket. This is why it is important to leave the door ajar when not in use so this water does not become sour.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Oct 01, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 28, 2015 | Kenmore series 70 80 90 Washer timer...
Jun 18, 2010 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Apr 12, 2010 | Kenmore 24902 Top Load Washer
Mar 14, 2010 | Kenmore 22622 Top Load Washer
Oct 24, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 21086
Apr 19, 2009 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
Jan 16, 2009 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Jun 26, 2008 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
May 22, 2008 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
178 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: