Question about Audio Players & Recorders
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Correct Time Zone
Using the Emerson CKD5809C manual (also with SmartSet(tm) ),
try Zone 4. TIME ZONE button: "04".
Zone 1: Atlantic Time
Zone 2: Easter Time (Default)
Zone 3: Central Time
Zone 4: Mountain Time
Zone 5: Pacific Time
Zone 6: Yukon Time
Zone 7: Hawaiian Time
As for disabling the Daylight Saving Time (DST) time change I have some guesses to try (not having one of these radios in my hand) or just skip to #4 below.
1. Manually setting the time and see if this disables the DST change.
2. Is there a Zone setting other than above? Like maybe a Zone 0? And then manually set the time.
3. Look at http://www.fixya.com/support/t236208-daylight_savings_time_adjustment for my solution there and try adjusting the DST Start to the same as DST End or DST Start and End with a month of 0 (if that is possible).
4. Or for the really desperate, change the Zone to 5 during DST and back to 4 during standard time (no worst off than with no DST auto setting.) (After I wrote this, I found an Emerson reference to no DST areas, Saskatchewan in this case, in the CKS1850C manual http://www.emersonelectronics.ca/emerson/en/product/details/2383, pg 9, and this is their solution.)
Posted on Nov 08, 2007
SOURCE: change time zone
To change the time zone press and hold the time zone button until the number after the Z in the display flases and then release the button (number will still be flashing) and then press the same buttoon and you will see the Z number change to the zone you need. The zones are printed on the top of the clock under the top lid that pops up. My problem is we are in daylight savings time and I cannot get the Eastern Time zone to let me "spring ahead one hour" for daylight saving time!
Posted on Mar 10, 2009
You need to reset the microprocessor in the Clock/Radio. to do this you must unplug the Clock/ Radio and remove the battery. Let the Clock/Radio set for at least 1 hour to discharge the microprocessor. You can then reinsert the battery and plug in the Clock/Radio. The functions should return to normal. If you are still having a problem, try changing the battery (CR2430) and letting the Clock/Radio set unplugged for a longer period of time. If all this fails, you can call Emerson customer support at this telephone number 1-800-898-9020 between the hours of 7am-5pm CT and ask them for assistance. I hope this information help you with your problem.
Posted on Jun 12, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 08, 2016 | Emerson Smart Set Alarm AM/FM Clock Radio...
on Jun 12, 2009 | Emerson Smartset Clock Radio
I couldn't figure out how to change the time zone because I didn't have the manual. Here's how to change time zone:
1. On top of clock you hold down time zone button
2. Push the up or down button to change the time zone. There are 7 time zones. The clock is set at zone 2 -Eastern Standard time. My zone is 3 -Central Time - I then had to manually set the correct time -(I'm not sure why but I did that) To test if the time zone worked properly I switched the time zones and the time on the clock adjusted automatically to the associated time for that area. I, of course, moved it back to zone 3 and the correct time for central time was displayed. I am waiting to see if the time properly adjust when time the DST changes. Also, for the manual: http://www.emersonradio.com/owner_manuals_list.php?ID=157
This is the manufacturers website (Emerson) for the EZ Set clock radio. Hope this helps.
Oct 03, 2013 | H.H. Scott SCR120 Clock Radio
Feb 02, 2013 | Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 04, 2012 | Audio Players & Recorders
May 06, 2011 | Watches
Apr 27, 2009 | Emerson Smartset Clock Radio
Mar 19, 2009 | First Alert FWS-101 Wireless RF Weather...
Oct 21, 2008 | Emerson Smartset Clock Radio
89 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!