Question about Computers & Internet
I never had a problem getting hulu or online games to play on my D810- one day it worked just fine and the next day it didn't! I have no idea what's wrong. It has been defragged, drivers have been updated that could be updated, obviously I ran for viruses and malware and all of that and found nothing. How can I figure out what is wrong without having to take it into a shop and how can I fix it if you have an idea of what it could be?
Could be the games or the Hulu sites. May be the internet connection, just overloaded. I would not think that you had a hardware issue. Is this still happening? There is just to many unknowns to give a informed solution. That's kind of the way things happen, One day your car starts fine, the next day no. You can uplug everything ,check all connections, plug everythink back it.
Posted on Dec 01, 2012
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
may be hitting event of your laptop
also u can try to reset your bios.
go to your bios setting load default settings.
then restart pc.
Posted on Apr 01, 2008
There are two sides of the problem. Hardware and software. To check whether the hardware is defective:
Try running the Pre-boot System Assessment (PSA):
1. Shutdown system
2. Press and hold on the "Fn" key.
3. Press the power button to turn the system on while holding on the "Fn" key.
4. Run the PSA until you get to the "colored bars". Then press "N" to say no.
5. Should you hear the beep codes, that means that the sound card is working fine. If you don't hear anything, then you need to replace your motherboard.
Now if your hear beeps that means that there's something wrong with the driver and audio settings. Do the following:
1. Right-click on My Computer then click on Properties
2. Click on Hardware then Device Manager
3. Click on the (+) beside Sound and Audio Devices
4. Right click on Sigmatel then click "Uninstall".
5. Go to support.dell.com
6. Click on Drivers and Downloads
7. Enter the Service Tag of your system (found at the bottom of your laptop)
8. Then download the audio driver. Just save it on your desktop first.
9. Restart the computer.
10. Install the driver.
11. Go to Control Panel -> Sounds and audio
12. Make sure that Sigmatel is the default sound device.
Please rate this solution if this helps.
Posted on Dec 03, 2008
SOURCE: Streaming videos won't play
hi thanks for using fixya!
First, try to use other internet connections and go to those website that you are frequently watching streamingly.
And try to update your windows.
Regards! If you need further assistance, let me know
Posted on Apr 27, 2009
SOURCE: Video freezing or choppy
Try reinstalling the display drivers and update the flash player.
Get Flash and install it here >>>>>>
Good luck and thanks for choosing FixYa!!
Posted on Jun 08, 2009
I recently purchased a new dell laptop and had similar issues out of the box. I ended up having to format the drive and re-installing the operating system from the disk provided because the original install was corrupt.
Posted on Sep 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 28, 2016 | Televison & Video
Jan 14, 2016 | Roku Streaming Stick HDMI Version
Sep 14, 2014 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 14, 2012 | Logitech Revue Companion Box with Google...
Mar 14, 2011 | Dell Latitude D810 Notebook
Oct 03, 2009 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
May 14, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 27, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
Nov 05, 2008 | Dell Latitude D810 Notebook
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!