Question about Humidifiers
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Located My Manual:
Hope this helps!
1. Remove tank from base. Turn upside down and unscrew filling cap. Fill tank with clean, cool, distilled, or tap water. Water temp should NEVER be too hot or too cold. Return tank to base and let sit for a few minutes. Be sure the filling cap of the tank is tightened firmly.
2. Plug power cord into a 110-120V AC wall outlet only. Turn power switch to "on" position. Power light will illuminate. Turn mist nozzle until desired level is being released. Aim nozzle away from furniture and walls.
3. Always turn humidifier off when water runs* out. Unit will continue to operate when tank is empty.
*Humidifier will run up to 12 hrs on low; 6 hrs on high.
DO NOT LET WATER SIT IN TANK FOR LONG. THIS CAN ENCOURAGE BACTERIAL GROWTH.
Place unit on level surface away from direct sunlight.
DO NOT ADD MEDICATION OF ANY TYPE INTO THE NOZZLE, BASE, OR WATER TANK.
ALWAYS LEAVE ROOM DOOR PARTLY OPEN. DO NOT MOVE, TILT, OR EMPTY WHILE OPERATING.
Mild bleach and water solution for cleaning, never detergent.
Clean every 3rd day during use. Clean after long storage
Humidity varies from room to room. Aim for 30 - 50% relative humidity. If windows/ walls fog or frost, reduce mist intensity. If room too humid, ventilate by opening door or window; adjust mist intensity.
Posted on Jan 23, 2009
SOURCE: I have a Sunbeam humidifier
After you lift off the reservoir, there are two grey twist locks (one on the left, one on the right. When you twist these, the bottom can be removed from the unit, which contains the filters.
Posted on Dec 07, 2010
SOURCE: How do I change the
Turn the unit off and disconnect from the electrical
2. Remove the tank from the housing.
3. Unlock the housing from the base by turning the lock
knob to the unlocked position.
4. Lift the housing straight up and place to the side.
5. Unlock the wick holder from the base by turning the lock
knob to the unlocked position.
6. Remove the wicks from the wick holder.
7. Follow the weekly cleaning instructions.
8. Insert new filters into the wick holder and lock the wick
holder back onto the base.
9. Replace the housing onto the base and lock it into place.
10. Fill the tank and place back into housing.
11. Repeat Operating Instructions.
It will take about 30 minutes for the humidifier to reach
Posted on Dec 12, 2010
Do you mean Dehumidifier? A machine that takes the humidity out of the air. If this is what you mean and you hear the fan motor working with no water dripping then the problem is that the coil which holds freon gas has leaked out the gas and can be recharged again with the leak fixed of course. Depending how old the unit is you may be better off buying a new model. Repairs can be costly. Hope this helps!
Posted on Mar 26, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 27, 2015 | Holmes Sunbeam SCM3657 Cool Mist Console...
Oct 28, 2012 | Sunbeam Humidifiers
Jun 26, 2011 | Sunbeam Humidifiers
Mar 29, 2011 | Sunbeam 701 Humidifier
Nov 19, 2010 | Sunbeam (0013871361) Humidifier
Nov 03, 2010 | Sunbeam (0013871361) Humidifier
Mar 06, 2010 | Sunbeam Humidifiers
Jan 15, 2010 | Sunbeam Humidifiers
44 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!