Question about Acer Aspire 5100-5022 Notebook
It turns on gets to the acer screen and then pops up a window that says not enough disk space to run this app ( or close to that) it wont go to the welcome screen so i can get to programs. How can i recover it? Mt daughter hasnt had enough disk space for some time now....
The computer needs maintenance periodically just like a car needs servicing. The computer generates temporary files when it is running and these consume hard disk space if they are not removed, also these files will slow down your computer.
To service your computer you should at lease once a month do a Disk Cleanup and a Defrag.
The Recycle bin should be emptied periodically.
To do a Disk Cleanup Click on My Computer, then right click on the C Drive, then click on Properties, then Disk Cleanup, then tick all the boxes to recover the hard disk space. (This process could take a few hours depending when it was last done and the size of the hard disk).
To do a Defrag, click on Programs, click on Accessories, then System Tools, then Defrag. then select the C Drive, then start the Defrag.
Again this will take a long time, you may want to start these processes overnight, don't stop them let them run till they finish. The next time you run them, it will not take as long.
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Is the boot sequence in BIOS set to boot from CD or DVD, if not I would suggest you to go to BIOS and change the boot sequence to boot from CD and try to boot from the CD
2. Is the computer custom built or OEM built?
3. What is the model number and who is the manufacturer of the computer?
4. Have you made any changes to the computer by installing any new software or hardware?
5. Since when are you unable to boot the computer normally?
6. You need to get Windows Vista DVD to perform further troubleshooting either to scan the computer or to perform repair install, I would suggest you to contact the computer manufacturer to obtain vista DVD.
Sep 07, 2012 | Acer Aspire 5920-6423 Notebook
Apr 23, 2011 | Acer Computers & Internet
Feb 28, 2011 | Acer Aspire M3641 Dual Core E2200 PC...
Jul 16, 2010 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Mar 13, 2010 | Acer Aspire M5641 PC Desktop
May 08, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
Mar 16, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Jan 11, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5100-5022 Notebook
Dec 23, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
Jan 23, 2008 | Acer Aspire 3610 Notebook
115 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: