Question about Maytag MMV5165 Stainless Steel 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
I would first be sure the inside is clean of grease and food debris. That's always critical.
Next I'd suggest removing and checking / cleaning the stirrer cover, stirrer, and the area under the cover and around the stirrer.
That's covered on page 33 of the service manual here.
That too should be clean.
If it still smokes, you may have a failing high voltage transformer.
You can order Maytag parts here.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Dec 01, 2012
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Maytag microwave mmv1153aaw
my guess would be the wave cover. sometimes they smoke and makes sparking sounds. does it still heat food?...if it does, then its not the magnetron.
Posted on Feb 18, 2008
SOURCE: Maytag microwave OVER the stove
Generally, the most common causes of a failure to heat are:
- bad door switches or door switch mounts
- loose connection at the magnetron
- problem or loose connection on the control unit circuit board
- bad magnetron or other high voltage part (such as a shorted diode)
If you or a friend decide to look into it, we have critical safety information, info on door switch diagnosis and replacement, and
disassembly information at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
Here are some links you or a friend can use for test help, but read their safety warnings first:
You can usually find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Mar 02, 2008
Sounds pretty normal but the inside is not supposed to get hot - only the food is.
Try heating a half glass of water for 1 minute if it gets hot... its working - if not then the actual microwave generating device inside has probably died.
In that case buy a new microwave oven as the cost of parts and labour to repair is usually more than cost of buying a new one.,
Posted on Jun 09, 2010
Make sure your microwave is fully cleaned out of any old dried food residue and that you are not using any kind of metal items in your microwave when you cook because this will certainly cause smoking and sparking inside your microwave.
Most like you had some corrosion or food particles stuck to your WAVEGUIDE COVER PLATE.
Here is a link to a short video that show you exactly how to replace the wave guide cover yourself:
Just use your mouse to click on the link, which is the underlined and highlighted text just above. This will open a new web browser page automatically for you and allow you to view the video at the website indicated.
Thank you very much and good luck
Posted on Apr 19, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 08, 2016 | Panasonic NN-S676BA Microwave Oven
Sep 08, 2014 | Microwave Ovens
May 17, 2017 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 04, 2010 | Panasonic NN-S541 Microwave Oven
Jul 19, 2010 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens
Feb 05, 2010 | Maytag Appliances Over-the-Range Microwave...
Dec 10, 2009 | Sharp R-530ES Microwave Oven
Jan 25, 2009 | Kenmore 64663 Microwave Oven
Oct 10, 2008 | Thermador MBBS Microwave Oven
118 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: