Re: When i put my headset to charge it stops charging...
If you are using the USB port on the computer to charge it, it may be an issue of your computer going into "Power Save" mode and shutting down the USB power.
I found this by google searching "usb power save mode"...
1. Click on "Start" and then right-click on "My Computer."
2. Click on "Properties" and then on the "Hardware" tab.
3. Half-way down on the right, click on "Device Manager."
4. Click the "plus" sign in front of "Universal Serial Bus Controllers."
5. Double-Click on the first "USB Root Hub" (not USB 2.0 Root Hub).
6. Click on the "Power Management" tab.
7. Uncheck the box that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."
8. Click "OK" and repeat for all other "USB Root Hubs."
9. Finally, close all and go back to the desktop.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I recently fixed my 955 headphones... it's probably not going to be attempted by most folks, but it saved a great set of headphones from being tossed and replaced.
Basically you need to remove the right side padding and take out the 3 screws. This gets you access to the battery. The battery is a standard 3.6V lithium battery. Pretty much the same that is in most cell phones and many small toys. You can simply replace the battery with something like: http://dx.com/s/3.7v+li
Or... here's what I did... add a lithium USB charger to the battery. http://dx.com/s/li+arduino Now, if the battery dies I can plug it into USB and the phone will work while it charges.
I dropped my 4-5 month old Motorola N136 bluetooth under my couch while activated. Took me a week to get it out, and now it will not take a charge. All I get is the red light blinking over and over when plugged into my charger. Any ideas? email@example.com
i had the same problem with mine.
the problem is with the completely empty battery.
solution is to disassemble it and force charge the battery inside. you have to cut any usb cable leaving the side which connects to pc and remove the insolation from red and black wires. connect them for few seconds to battery soldering points on jabra board (red to red, black to black, sometimes you have to scratch the solder a bit if it oxidized a bit). once you see the light you can start charging it normally.
The compatibility setting, in almost 100% of the cases, should be set to "1". You can find it on the side of the base, it's a little turn wheel that will turn if you stick your thumbnail in it and twist. I have seen one instance on the Cisco IP phones that requires the compatibility setting to be on 5, so try that as well.
If you have a lifter installed, make sure that the short telephone cable that comes out of the back of the headset's base unit is plugged into the handset port of the telephone (where the handset coily cord is normally plugged into). You would then plug the handset coily cord into the front of the headset base unit. Make sure you have that configuration, and try again.
Finally you can try a re-set. To do this you should lift the headset off of the charging base, make sure the green light on the top of the base is off (the headset is off), and then do the following:
1. Hold down the mute button and the call answer button at the same time. (The mute button is the black little wheel on the top of the headset itself. If you use the tip of your finger to push that straight in, it will mute the headset)
2. Keep holding both buttons down until the green light below your thumb on the headset flashes for 2 consecutive series.
3. Let go. Wait about 20 seconds then try answering.
If this doesn't work, try a re-subscription:
1. Place the headset back on the charging base.
2. The two microphone volume adjust buttons on the back of the BASE unit should be pressed together. This will start the red light and the yellow light blinking on the front of the base unit.
3. Hold the mute button down while the headset is still on the charging base. Hold it down until the red light stops blinking.
4. Disconnect the power to the base so that the red light and yellow light turns off.
5. Plug the power back in after about 5 seconds of it being disconnected and make sure the red light on the front of the charging base is now solid and the yellow light is flashing.
6. Pick up the headset and try again.
Try a system reset:
1. Lift the headset off of the charging cradle (the base). Make sure the headset is turned off. The green light on the base won't be on if the headset is turned off.
2. Hold down the call answer button on the headset at the same time as mute button. The mute button is found on the little black wheel on the top of the headset. Use the tip of your finger to push it straight in.
3. Hold both buttons until you see a green light on the headset flash. It will be right below your thumb. Hold both buttons until the green light flashes for a series of 2 flashes. Then let go of both buttons.
4. Put the headset back on the charging cradle and wait 30 seconds. Lift it back off and try again.
5. If this doesn't work repeat the process once more or try a resubscription.
1. Put the headset back onto the charging cradle. Make sure the red light on the base is on and the yellow light is flashing.
2. On the back of the base there are two buttons for the microphone adjustment that can be pressed down. Press both of those down until the red light and yellow light on the front of the base start flashing.
3. While the headset is still on the charging cradle press and hold the mute button until the red light on the base goes solid, and the yellow light stays flashing.
4. Unplug the power to the base and then plug it back in.
5. Wait 20 seconds and try.