Question about HP Pavilion dv6768se Notebook
Could not find specified Module:
This error started when I ran a scan and removed the suggested items. I tried to recover from my D: (recovery) drive with no luck, any suggestions? I don't even know what product my coputer needs it for. (my samsung phone, default program in the computer, or an old device I don't even have anymore)
It sounds like you have some how installed the dreaded my web search tool bar or one of its components. To fix, try this...
First, uninstall the My Web Search option from Add/Remove Programs
1) Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel
2) Double click on Add/Remove Programs
3) Find "My Web Search" in the list of installed programs and click on Change/Remove to uninstall it. You may also want to uninstall any of the following items associated with FunWebProducts.
5) With HijackThis, scan for and fix any of the entries shown above that may be remaining.
6) Next, open My Computer, Drive C, and double-click on the Program Files folder
7) Right-click and delete the folders for:
9) There will be some minor registry entries left behind by the uninstall, however these can be cleaned up by running SpyBot Search and Destroy or Ad-Aware SE or left alone.
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 22, 2010 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate for PC
Sep 18, 2009 | Intel Motherboard
Sep 04, 2009 | Intel Motherboard
Jun 04, 2009 | Intel Motherboard
May 11, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Aug 23, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Aug 01, 2008 | Computers & Internet
112 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: