Question about GE Profile : JVM3670BFBB 36" Over the RanMicrowave - Black
I have unplugged to power down, and still nothing when plugged back in. Display is on...no buttons work.
You have a failing membrane keypad.
On some models you can order just the membrane keypad. It's more work, but it's cheaper.
If you (or someone you know) might want to replace it yourself, I have uploaded a handy guide with pictures showing you what's typically involved.
On other models, you have to order the control panel frame which comes with a new keypad already on it. This costs more, but it's an easy DIY job.
A YouTube video showing how to remove a typical over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes, is here.
Some connectors have a lock.
You can order GE parts from the Pros here.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Dec 01, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: GE Sensor Microwave JES1855 died
Mine went dead after about 6 months. I had problems with my breakers and I found out that it was the microwave that blew all of them. I also found out that this perticular microwave is a fire hazard and should be recalled. It has caused me alot of headache. The breakers in my house are brand new and they are put out by GE also. It caused me to loose the food in my freezer, I did not know my freezer had lost power. It would cause my entire lights to go off and then they would come back on. I have checked around and I found out that the power cord on the back of the unit is very loose. I had a person to come in and look at it, he thinks its the power cord.
Posted on Jan 17, 2010
SOURCE: touchpad is not working
If touch pad has gotten wet, then allow to dry for several days. Avoid spraying cleaning liquid near touch pad.
Check for insect infestation. Insects (cockroaches most frequently) will appear under clear surface of touch pad or under readout window; they like the warmth of the circuit boards.
Place window mesh over vent to keep insects out.
good luck .
please rate !
Posted on Mar 29, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 17, 2014 | Microwave Ovens
Nov 26, 2013 | Microwave Ovens
Aug 12, 2017 | Microwave Ovens
Jun 29, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Dec 10, 2009 | Maytag MMV5000 Microwave Oven
Sep 22, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
May 04, 2009 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Mar 17, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
May 19, 2008 | Sharp R-23GT Microwave Oven
278 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: