An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: it aint working
Try disconnecting the Camera from the USB port and reinstall
the software program. When the program asks you to connect the
camera to the USB port, do so and it should work.
Hope this helps. Bud
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I ran into the same problem you did with my Toshiba running XP windows, I got my son who has his A certification in computers and it took him 4 hours to get it to work. I suggest you go to www.logitech.com contact customer support and the technical department.
(1) You recently installed or removed software, causing the "drivers" for the webcam to be deleted or corrupted.
(2) Any sudden impact to your laptop has knocked something loose (this is less likely).
Try downloading and re-installing the drivers for the webcam by going to http://www.compaq.com/country/cpq_support.html . Once there, select the "Software & Driver downloads" option, and then enter the model number of your laptop. Download and install the driver the shows up for your webcam.
- OR -
Using the Internet Explorer browser, try going to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ to see if you can find the drivers for your webcam. Click the "custom" button and wait for the page to load.
Post the model number of your laptop for more help!
If your web cam is working on the unit itself but fails to open on chats or messengers, do this:
1. Turn off UAC (user access controls), it should be on control panel, user accounts. 2.Test your webcam if it would work now on chats, if not, proceed 3. Download the latest chicony web cam software on support.toshiba.com (you must select your exact model) 4.After downloading, go into programs and features on control panel and uninstall the camera software 5. Install now the downloaded camera software 6.Test your cam, it should work now
You need to go to the manufactures site and download the VISTA
driver for the camera. Then follow the info below to install
Disconnect the Camera from the USB port and reinstall
the CD or Downloaded software program. When the program asks you
to connect the camera to the USB port, do so and it should work.
Hope this helps. Bud
hi sph_allinson this is nichu,
donot worry if you lost the cd
you can download the installation software from internet .
you can download it from this website ,http://www.labtec.com/index.cfm/service/listing/AMR/EN,crid=68,crid2=1764
select the type of your operating system
chose the type of language
then,click on download .
install the same software on your pc & start workin with your webcam.stay cool.