Question about Kenmore Microwave Ovens
All other functions work....clock, lights (inside and out), fan etc work fine but no heat so at the moment it is useless. Please give me some ideas to try to fix this. I am very handy with many tools. Thanks, Ron
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Sounds like the problem is in the high voltage. Most common would be magnatron, capacitor and diode. For safety reasons this should be checked by a professional. Look in your owners manual because some high voltage parts have a longer warranty than 1 yr.
Posted on Oct 10, 2007
SOURCE: oven and microwave combo
Your microwave is plugged into an outlet built into the top of the oven. This outlet has a "circuit breaker" that trips when using the self cleaning feature. This is a design flaw that Jenn-Air/Whirlpool refuses to acknowledge.
You just need to reset the breaker button that the microwave is plugged into. It's right next to the outlet.
Of course, getting to the reset button is your only challenge. You need to pull the microwave and oven out of the wall/cabinetry in order to get to it. The unit is heavy so you will need help. Or, call a certified repairman and they should be able to do this for you in 30 minutes or less so the service call should not run you more than @$85 if it is no longer under warranty.
I would also suggest you contact Jenn-Air to complain about this issue and seek reimbursement from them if necessary.
Posted on Jan 04, 2008
the magnetron may be faulty on this unit... the magnetron is what heats unit... there is also a thermal limit on this unit mounted behind the control panel and will require removing in order to check... unplug unit and remove two wires attached to limit about the size of a quarter and round in shape..check contuinity and should be closed... if it is then most likely the magnetron has failed... is a replaceable part sorta expensive and requires taking apart the cabinet and removing a few componets to get to the magnetron bolts/screws ...
www.sears.com then hit the parts direct link up at top of the screen enter your model number and will give you a parts diagram check availabilty and price on your part....
sometimes cost verses replacement is worth buying another one.... but can be fixed... most magnetrons have 5 year warranty goes by serial number of unit or installation of unit if your the original owner.... good luck to you
Posted on Jan 26, 2011
It seem that there is a problem with the panel board of your microwave. If you can try opening the panel and check if the wires are ok and in good condition. Check the continuity of the wires to make sure that they giving enough power to the panel board.
While you're at it check the status of the fuses as well. If knowledgeable enough and you have a schematic of the panel (usually came with the oven when you bought it) please check the status of the capacitors and the ic to make sure that it's not causing the trouble.
If those failed then a replacement panel would be the answer.
If you feel comfortable enough doing all that then you can ahead and try to fix it yourself but if you're not familiar with what to look for I would recommend you ask for help from a professional as microwave's have radiation that can leak out when improper covers are opened.
Try contacting these guys if you feel you are going to need some help.
Posted on Sep 07, 2011
Since none of the burners or elements will heat, I recommend that you shut off the house circuit breakers for the range. Your symptoms point to a voltage supply problem. The range should have a double breaker (the two circuit breakers are probably connected together with a metal clip). The range clock control will light up if only one leg (L1) of that power supply is provided to the range. If the second leg of power (L2) is missing, then none of the burners or oven elements will heat. You could have a problem with the circuit breakers or the wiring on the terminal block at the back of the range. With the breakers shut off , I recommend that you pull the range out and check the wiring on that terminal block. Based on your description, you may find a loose connection or burnt wiring in that area. The image below shows wiring information for the terminal block and the junction box for the range. This information should help you check that issue. If you can find a wiring failure and restore a proper voltage supply to the range, then the stove top burners and oven elements should heat properly.If you find no problems with the wiring, then you could have a bad circuit breaker or a problem with the house voltage supply for the range. An electrician will normally need to diagnose and repair that type of failure. I hope that this information helps. If you need more assistance, reply with additional details. If you need parts, you can order them from the Sears PartsDirect website.If you get to a point where you need to have a service technician repair this failure, you can schedule service through this link: Sears Home Services .
Posted on Nov 27, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 21, 2011 | Kenmore 80412 Microwave Oven
Dec 31, 2010 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven
Jun 19, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Nov 07, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Jul 16, 2009 | Whirlpool GH4155XP Microwave Oven
Jun 15, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 22, 2008 | Sharp R-1610 Microwave Oven
Oct 22, 2007 | Kenmore 80809 Microwave Oven
The 665 prefix on your model number is Whirlpool, but I haven't found the code "d" listed yet.
Can you set the cooking time?
If so, what happens when you press Start?
I'll post back if I find the codes or if you have other info and I can help further.
Oct 13, 2007 | Kenmore 63792 Microwave Oven
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!