Note: If your Kobo device has been physically damaged, it is no longer covered by Kobo's limited warranty. On a Kobo eReader, a physically damaged screen will look like it's been shattered, or you may see vertical or horizontal lines on the screen with a frozen image. If you haven't dropped or damaged your Kobo eReader, but are experiencing issues, try the steps below in the order suggested.
- Turn your eReader off and then on again.
- If your screen is frozen, slide the power button to the right and hold it for 10 seconds. Your eReader should turn off.
- Turn your eReader off and charge it for at least four hours. Note: Your computer should be turned on while you are charging your Kobo eReader.
- If your eReader isn't charging, try using a different Micro USB cable or a different USB port on your computer. Note: If your eReader's battery is completely drained it can take up to 15 minutes before it reacts to being plugged into power.
- If you're having trouble while reading a book on your Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Glo, or Kobo Mini: tap the centre of the screen to bring up the Reading Menu, tap the > Home icon to return to your Home screen, then open your book again.
- If you're having trouble while reading a book on your Kobo Touch: press the Home button and open your book again.
- Try a basic reset.
- If you're still having issues, consider a factory reset.
- If you're unable to reset your device, please contact Kobo Customer Care