Question about SanDisk Open Box 1GB Cruzer Mini High-Speed USB 2.0 portable flash drive (SDCZ21024A10OB) Hard Drive

1 Answer

Document transfer from vista hard drive to memory stick

How can I transfer "My Documents" from my Vista hard drive to a memory stick, as back up, without deleting the existing files on the memory stick?

Posted by on

  • gm_cockerham Jan 10, 2009

    It is 4 gb. I want to learn the process to transfer to the memory stick without having to deleter the data from the stick and then reload it.

  • OregonDucks
    OregonDucks May 11, 2010

    How many gbs can your memory stick hold?

    Your documents might be to big to fit on it.



1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 29 Answers

4gb is not enough space to hold the entire My Documents directory unless you have an extremely small amount of data in it. If you take many photo's it wont be long before My Documents is too big to fit. Suggest that you back up this directory to a set of CDs or DVDs,

If you want to update a memory stick just copy My Documents from Vista to the memory stick. Vista will ask if you want to overwrite. Click [on overwrite all] and the job is done.

Posted on Feb 28, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I want to remove all documents and pictures from my computer /laptop on to my memory stick. Can you tell me how to do this task. thank you.

Two methods Martina.

1) Memory Stick plugged in, go to the document, or photo/s. Right-click on it.
In the fly-out menu list click on Copy, or Send To.
Then left-click on the memory stick drive letter.

[ A: drive is for a Floppy Drive. N/A
No B: drive

C: drive is the Harddrive

D: drive is usually reserved for an optical drive. CD or DVD drive
It also may instead be the backup drive. (Has basic Windows files used to restore the Window operating system)

E: drive; May be for a second optical drive. IF there are two optical drives

The E: drive letter, F: drive letter, G: drive letter, or on up the alphabet, may for the Memory Stick you plugged in.

{I have drive letters C:, D:, E:, F:, G:, H:, I:, J:, and K: in my computer }

How to know? Look in My Computer
(For WinXP operating system.
Computer for Vista, and Win 7}

Look BEFORE you plug the Memory Stick in.

Windows XP: Left-click on Start, then on My Computer
Win Vista, and Win 7: Left-click on the Windows logo button, then on Computer.

See what is associated with the different drive letters.

Now plug the Memory Stick in. See which drive letter is associated with it ]

Instead of having to copy over each document, or photo individually, you could put your documents in one folder, and your photos in another folder. Names are your choice.

Then just copy the folder to the Memory Stick.

2) The second method is to go to Windows Explorer (Not Internet Explorer), and drag the document/s, or photo/s over to the file tree, and on top of the corresponding drive letter that matches the Memory Stick.

For additional questions, or to have me clarify anything I have stated, please post in a Comment.
(Believe upper right of your page is Comment, in blue)


Sep 15, 2011 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

I have an old sony vaio with a 60 gb hard

How "full" is the hard-drive? Perhaps, you could have only a few gigabytes to be "saved".

Click Start
Click My Documents
Click Edit
Click Select All
Right-mouse click on any of the highlighted items.
Click Properties.
Windows will report on the size (megabytes/gigabytes) of all the selected documents and folders.

Perhaps, you can buy 4GB or 8GB or 16GB USB memory-stick,
and manually copy your 'My Documents' files/folders to that memory-stick.

Or, use the "Windows Files and Settings Transfer Wizard" to "collect" all your files & E-mail, and write an "export" file to that memory-stick.

Then, on the "new" computer, run the same Wizard, and "import" from the USB memory-stick onto your new computer.

Dec 31, 2009 | Mirus (SITL51C410) Notebook

1 Answer

How can l transfer the music files on my usb memery stick to my vista operated laptop

Very easily, just plug in the USB drive to your Vista computer and a window will open and you select to view files in folder. Than just copy and paste the music files into your desired folder which is probably the My Music folder under your My Documents.

Sep 12, 2009 | Electronics - Others

1 Answer

Transferring data from old computer to new computer

If its connected to the internet email the files to yourself and then save to your new computer. If its not online, you could try taking out the hard drive, make it a slave in your new computer and moving the data from one drive to the other then take it out and good to go.

Jul 16, 2009 | Computers & Internet

2 Answers

Won't load documents to go therefore I can't transfer documents

Older palm products and vista aren't compatible. You either needs to transfer info via bluetooth or upgrade your palm if you wish to continue using vista.

Jan 11, 2009 | Palm Tungsten E2 (Multilingual) Handheld

2 Answers


I'm pretty sure that your problem isn't in the sticks...If that was your question. google 'HP USB Format' They put out a nifty little tool that works on most USB flash drives.

Jan 06, 2009 | Western Digital My Book Essential 500GB...

1 Answer

How to transfer files to a hard drive

if they are on the drive... drag and drop them to the spare drive... for downloads you can choose where you want a file to download

Jan 03, 2009 | Iomega Silver Series 320GB 3.5 External -...

1 Answer

I am using pc to pc file transfer for dummies I know how to hook it to both computers but I have no idea how to drag files I have windows vista

Windows Easy Transfer is installed with Vista and can be found under Accessories - System Tools or by searching for "easy" (with out quotes).

You can transfer files and settings using a network share, or transfer files and settings using removable media such as CD/DVD, or an external hard drive.
Windows Easy Transfer does not migrate installed applications (see Windows Easy Companion below)
Using Windows Easy Transfer, you can migrate most files and program settings. Below is a table describing the types of data and settings that can be moved.

Data Type Specifics Files and Folders Any files found in My Documents, My Pictures, and Shared Documents folder will be selected to be moved automatically. You can also add other documents that are in other locations. E-mail messages and Settings E-mail messages, contacts, account settings, and address books from Outlook Express, Outlook, Windows Mail, and other programs. Program Settings Programs that are compatible with Vista will have their settings transferred to the new Computer. In order for this to work the program must already be installed on the Computer running Vista. User Settings Desktop settings, color settings, screen savers, fonts, Windows options, printers, etc. Internet Settings Favorites, cookies, and Internet Explorer settings. Pictures, Video, and Music Music files, playlists, and album. Pictures (gif, jpg, bmp files) and personal videos.

Please don't forgert to rate this.....

Nov 24, 2008 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

To my surprise my Acer laptop has two 30G HD. I now get a low memory warning but my 2nd drive has pleny of space. How do I share files or link the 2 drives so i don't have a memory issue?

I suspect you have one hard drive with two partitions C: and D: (??).
Download Sequoiaview from

This will let you see what is taking up so much space on the C: drive. Then Move the files over to D:.
You don't say what OS you have (XP or Vista) so I cannot tell you how to re-map your My documents folder to the D: drive but usually you click the My Documents (or Document for Vista) link and then change the location to an existing folder on the D: volume. Then move all your folders in C: My Documents over to D:\My Documents.

Aug 03, 2008 | Computers & Internet

3 Answers

Windows 98se to windows vista

you could put your files/documents and pictures on to disc and tranfer them this way plus you wil always have copies if you ever have problems tnis is what i do

Jan 05, 2008 | Microsoft Windows 98 for PC

Not finding what you are looking for?
Computers & Internet Logo

Related Topics:

110 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top SanDisk Computers & Internet Experts

Arora Singh
Arora Singh

Level 2 Expert

180 Answers

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers

Sandy Moore
Sandy Moore

Level 2 Expert

111 Answers

Are you a SanDisk Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides