You have to login to it as its administrator. Normally you do it from a browser like ie. You type in the IP address of the gateway eg 192.168.2.1 and should come with a screen on the router ..then login if you know the password and go from there in the menus.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You are not able to pick up your neighbor's network can be due to various reasons. 1) Check if the adapter has been installed properly. Check the device status in the device manager. It should say "This device is working properly" 2) The distance might be too much for you to receive the wireless signals. 3) Might be having any other wireless devices like a cordless phone near your computer which may cause interference. 4) Your neighbor's wireless router might be transmitting signals in 802.11a or 802.11n standards which is not compatible with Zonet 1605 adapter. 5) Your neighbor would have password protected his wireless network to avoid illegal use of his internet. These days there is more importance given for wireless security.
mcdevito75, Your router should be protected with a key number or letters set by the router manufacturer, the number or letters you type in to enable the router to connect you to the internet. Wireless requires 4 satalight hook ups to work, as the satalights move your internet connection will come and go. Contact Dell for more info.
Open internet explorer and type that into the search bar..
it should ask for a user name and password, if you never set it for your router before, leave both blank.
that should open up your routers configuration page.. now click on wireless security and turn on either wpa or wep encryption and choose a password.. once you do so you will have to reconnect to your router and then enter the password you just created..
Now you network is protected and only people with your password will be able to connect wirelessly..
Access the Router's page and go to Wireless configuration. You may assigned a WEP key that uses hexadecimal value (A-F, 0-9). So if someone attempts to access your Wireless network, they will prompt to enter a Wep key.
Connect to Wireless router using LAN cable. Open Router admin page using the gateway address you get from your network status window from Systray (Support tab in XP). Follow router instruction to set new WLAN protocol and Password (WPA-PSK for better protection) and use new passphrase (or Key) to set PC client network card protocol. If Router is Password protected and you missed it: reset to factory settings to reconfigure.
Given that you have setup the Internet connection on your router, encrypting the wireless security will be fairly easy for you. Just follow these steps.
1. You should use you PC or MAC that is connected directly to the router via an ethernet cable. You can use PC or MAC, which ever is connected directly to the router (Connected thru cable not wireless).
2. Open Internet Explorer / Firefox (PC) or Safari / Firefox / Internet Explorer (MAC), then go to the address bar and type http://192.168.1.1 into the address bar and press enter. A window will pop up prompting you for a username and password to access the configuration page for your router. Leave the username blank and type admin as the password (**If that will not work, (Enter admin for both the username and password)
3. You should see the Setup page shown below : 4. Click on the Wireless tab at the top of the settings screen. Change the Wireless Network Name (SSID) from the default value to something unique (you can use your name or last name, or any name that you would like, because that will be the name of your wireless network, that will be the one that your wireless computers will detect) then click on Save Settings and then Continue when the Settings are successful dialog is displayed.
5. Now click on the Wireless Security subsection at the top of the page. In order to password protect your wireless network first use the Security Mode dropdown box to select WEP and then from the WEP Security dropdown box select 64 bits 10 hex digits. Choose a password between 6 and 8 characters and type it into the Passphrase box. Then click Generate. It Will generate 4 keys (Key 1-4). You will use key 1 as your password.
6. Finally click Save Settings and then Continue when the Settings are successful dialog is displayed. 7. Now let your wireless PC scan for available wireless networks, find the name of the wireless network that you have specified earlier for SSID then connect to that network. Of course since the network is password protected,it will ask you to enter a password, this is time that you will enter the network key (Key 1 - password).