Question about Microwave Ovens

Open Question

Blue stuff seeping in around the corners of my microwave

This has been going on for awhile. Is it dangerous?

Posted by on

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Where is the diode located on a whirlpool microwave


It is usually located right next to the high-voltage capacitor. BE CAREFUL! YOU ARE TREADING IN VERY DANGEROUS TERRITORY! MAKE SURE THE MICROWAVE OVEN IS UNPLUGGED AND WAIT 5 OR MORE MINUTES BEFORE YOU GO POKING AROUND IN THERE. Note: In some older microwave ovens, those with a vertically-mounted squirrel-cage cooling fan, the HV diode was located inside the fan housing.

Oct 19, 2014 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Why woll sharp R-530E microwave not turn off when door opens.


It is very dangerous, you're filling the room with radiation, may be best to just dump that one, unless you are a little bit competant with mechanical stuff, in which case it's probably the sensor on the door not registering that it is open,. might be a physical thing, i.e. moved a little. or maybe a electronic thing, requiring a new sensor itself.

Sep 04, 2014 | Sharp R-530ES Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Homestyles 0.9 cu.ft. Microwave Oven's shielding plate


yes you can but you should not. Take the shielding wall from another similar microwave if possible, the magnetron waves can seep thru the smallest crevasses and will repeatedly cause more damage if not fitted properly, im not so sure what type material is used but more than likely it is non conductive, careful magnetrons are dangerous thats why companies that make microwaves have such strict guidelines and safety measures, there are so many switches to prevent direct exposure to the magnetron, it is so dangerous the goverment developed a weapon from the technology--if your insist on repair please find exact replacement parts- careful and good luck more questions just ask

Mar 30, 2013 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Was boiling water and running microwave and a popping sound and blue spark appeared, it still seams to be functioning normally but am worried about what happened???


if you mean you were boiling water in a microwave, then A) that is a dangerous thing to do as any liquid in a microwave is very volatile and B) were the dishes ,containers etc you had in the microwave free of all metal? as that is what would have made the blue spark , when the microwaves connect with metal

Oct 09, 2011 | Frigidaire PLMV169DC Microwave Oven

2 Answers

My GE Profile Spacemaker XL (JVM1350BW 002) microwave's fan runs when you open the door.


Hi,

This is going to be related to one of the 3 door switches around the corner behind the control board. One of them is either burnt, shorted, or not being activated correctly.

Let me know,if needed further assistance.

Hope i helped you.

Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!

May 30, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

The top right corner of my panasonic nn-h275 otr microwave door leaves a approx. 3cm gap when closed. Fixable? Dangerous?


If the door is warped cheaper to replace the whole oven, the 3cm gap is a hazard because you have dangerous radiation leakage, the levels are exceeding safety standards and should be removed from service immediately.

Mar 27, 2011 | Panasonic NN-H275 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I have a Sharp Carousel R-410EK (2002) and the LCD on it is going very bad....to the point where i can't make out any of the numbers. The microwave is in perfect condition outside of this problem and I...


sharp has a habit of moving the model tag around
but check inside the door o the upper left hand corner
and on the door jam itself
http://www.partstore.com/Model/Sharp/Sharp/R410EK.aspx
this link will bring you to the parts lists
i would reccomend the control board as i cannot be sure if its the dye, or the power to it, inside the board
but it is a very easy repair and can be done quickly
be careful these are dangerous units,\\\
do not get anywhere near the highvoltage stuff

Oct 21, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Blue oil film


it may be the oil/paste out of the h.v. capacitor in the unit,if thats what it is,soon it will dry out and overheat the cap and blow the internal ceramic fuse,i'd for sure find out if this is the problem cause it won't go away

Oct 15, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Rust inside the microwave oven


This is just okay but if you're quite doubtful you may bring this to any appliance service center for repaint

May 15, 2009 | KitchenAid KCMS145J Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

48 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

75822 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...