My Western Digital’s 250GB Passport (WD) wont work before it work fine i love having it but after some time i went to plug it in to my labtop and the blue light comes on but nothing happens and i bought a new cord thinking that was the problem and still nothing is there a way to fix this problem i have all my sons pics on there n some other things i really dont want to loose
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
* bad USB port in your computer (try another USB port)
* messed-up copy of Windows (try connecting to a different computer)
* damaged USB cable between computer and the Passport (replace it)
* bad disk-drive inside the enclosure (replace it)
* bad USB-to-disk-drive adapter (buy a new "empty" enclosure)
Check the warranty on it, to see if W.D. will replace it, at minimal cost to you. If the warranty has expired, W.D. has a "Customer Loyalty" program -- buy a new Passport through their web-site, and you qualify for a discount on your purchase.
The Western Digital My Passport line, besides the Essential Series, is originally formated for a Mac (in the HFS+ format) and as such cannot be read by Windows PCs. You can either get a program to read the External such as Macdrive, or format it to NTFS or FAT32; formats that are readable by Windows. I would recommend formatting it to NTFS, because you can only transfer up to 4 Gigabyte files to FAT32, while NTFS is nearly limitless.
Try using a Usb 2 cable "The one that came with the WD My Passport " And put it directly to the PC... In some cases, Like mine, I used an extended cable + the cable that came with the "WD My Passport" and i got the same problem .. So i simply removed the extended cable and put the put "WD My Passport " directly to the PC with its own cable and the problem was solved to me .. Samer.F