a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
A reset is done by following the below steps:
1. Disconnect the battery from handset(s)
2. Disconnect Phone Cord from wall jack
3. Disconnect Phone cord from base unit
4. Disconnect AC adapter from wall outlet
5. Allow to sit for 30 min
6. Reconnect Phone Cord to base
7. Reconnect Phone cord to wall jack
8. Reconnect AC Adapter to wall outlet
9. Reconnect battery into handset until you click or feel the plug snap into place
10. Re-Register Handset by placing on main base
<b>Clear the Handset's Base Data<br /></b>1.To remove the base data from a handset when out of range of the base, press and hold the 'end' button and the '#' button simultaneously until the phone beeps.<br />2.It will now be de-registered from the base.<br />Note: This requires that the base and handset can communicate with each other.<br />
<b>Clear the Base Handset Data</b><br />1.To de-register all handsets from the base, remove power to the base, and remove the handset from the base.<br />2.Press and hold the 'flash/find hs' button while applying power.<br />3.Wait for the beep and release the button.<br />4.The charge light will now flash.<br />5.Sit any handset in the cradle.<br />6.When the flashing stops, re-register the handsets to the base.<br />
<b>Re-Register a Handset to the Base<br /></b>1. Remove Handset Battery.<br />2. Reconnect battery while holding down "*" and "#" key.<br />3. Then press the right upper key under the LCD.<br />4. Press the "End" key.<br />5. Wait a few seconds and then the phone will be ready to register to the base.
Sounds like the battery in the handset is bad. Would also check manual to see if handset has to be registered to base unit, the symptom would fit if the handset has lost its registration to the base unit.
1-Press the hangup key (represented by a red phone) and the "#" key at the same time for at least five seconds.
2-Select "Deregister hs." Choose the handset and press the "Select" key (which also shows an envelope for messages).
Choose "Yes" to confirm deregistration. The phone clears its registration information from the base and deletes the link from its memory. The message "Handset not registered -- place handset on base to register. See owner's manual for help" now shows on the display. If you are out of range of the base, "Out of range" shows.
4-Place the handset in the base charging cradle. The phone automatically selects a new security code from those stored in the base.
5-Make sure your phone is working again after "Registration Complete" shows on the display
Hope this will Help.
Thank you for using Fixya !!!
This problem arises when the handset does not communicate with the base. These are the steps: 1: Deregistering the handset 2: Registering the handset to base
Deregestering clears the stored (incorrect) base information on the handset. Reregestering allows the base to assign a new ID for the handset.
Deregistering- press and hold the OFF (red button) and the # button on the handset for 5 seconds. select base unavailable and press OK. Are you sure appears. select yes and press OK. you will hear a confirmation tone. The handset will delete its own base information without trying to contact the base. It will now display MODELS VARY PLACE HANDSET ON THE BASE FOR REGISTRATION.
Registering the handset with the base- Make sure the tel. line and power is plugged into the base. Press an hold the register button under the base (located between the tel. line and yellow power socket under the base) for 5 seconds until the red light flashes. At the same time press and hold the # button on the handset for 5 secs. You will hear a tone and It will now display REGISTRATION COMPLETE.
If it says registration failed: Retry the registration steps. Make sure the handset have enough battery power. If not charge for 15-20 hrs. Check your connections on the base and make it is getting power.
The Steps above was my fix for the uniden wxi477 out of range problem.
If you are not too far away-not "out of range" then try rehoming/pairing the handset with the base unit. You probably need the phones together to do this. Your manual will explain how-it will have been done in the original setup.
A search of Uniden support only said to call 1-800-297-1023 with handset registration issues. The rep picked up quickly and walked me through the reset procedure. Here it is step-by-step:
1. Remove battery 2. Hold down the * and # buttons and reinsert battery. You should hear a long beep. If not retry. (This is a bit awkward but hold the handset upside down and it's workable) 3. Screen will be blank. Immediately press the right soft menu button. 4. Screen will report that EEPROM is clearing and then state EEPROM Clear Ok 5. Remove battery (yes again) 6. Reinsert battery (this time there's no need to hold down any buttons) 7. Handset will reboot with Welcome screen and then state that phone must be registered (this is the status a handset should be in from the factory) 8. Place handset on base and it will register as normal