Question about Plumbing

1 Answer

How to modify Danco handles to work on Valley II faucets

I have Valley II Y28405-74 wide set faucets throughout my home. Valley is OOB and replacement handles for same are available from Danco, however, the Danco handles do not have the molded in piece that comes down to hit the "stop" molded into the faucet stems so that the handle stops turning when the water is shut off. Is there someway to "modify" the Danco handles so that they will stop turning when they are in the right position for the water to be shut off?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 9 Answers

Do not modify the handles, just buy the pieces missing. they are available through Danco. Even though i prefer using original parts.

Posted on Feb 21, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

33055 danco

turn off the water at the main stop, both hot and cold
remove pipes from below tap
remove nuts which hold tap in place
fit new one by reversing above operation.

May 15, 2014 | Dmm KWC K. Gastro Deck...

1 Answer

How do I remove a 33055 faucet

See if their website will be of any assistance.

May 15, 2014 | Danco 33156 Tub And Shower Faucet For...

1 Answer

Tub handle stem wont come out- 9c-23H/C 3 handle Danco for american standard

I had a similar problem when looking to replace my shower valves with 9C-23H/C units. The old ones were very hard to get out, I imagine that they were the original ones that came with the house.
Do NOT cut into the wall, that will not get you anywhere. There is a nut that fits around the plumbing end of the stem; this is likely what is stuck. I had to put my foot on the wall and pull hard on the vise grips to get the stem out. You may want to use a flashlight and see if there is any scale build up which is getting in the way. Try to scrape that away if possible. Pull straight out on the stem very firmly, but don\'t yank on it, use constant pressure and avoid up and down movement as the nut has a tight clearance to make it out.
Going behind the wall should be an absolute last resort.

Jan 15, 2013 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Need to replace rubber on Grohe Ladylux Plus Pull out spray handle. How to get spray handle apart.

I bought DANCO "universal faucet pull-out spray hose - fits all facuet brands" from Lowe's, which came with all kind of adapter and the hose quality seems to be better than overpriced Grohe spray hose replacement (Grohe part # 46092). The only problem is that you may have to prepare a large rubber washer in order to the handspray (Grohe part#46298) as I don't see this large washer in the package but it is very important to fit in place to prevent water leakage. - Michael

Jan 13, 2012 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Looking for faucet repair parts for early 1973's american standard 2separate handles

You will need to take those old parts to a store or place that handles Danco replacement parts. I wish I could direct you to a place that would have what your looking for but parts that old are just not out there. The other possibility is to rebuild what you have those old parts a really tough. I have some old stems and handles that you are welcome to just send me some pictures of what you have and we might get lucky.

Mar 20, 2011 | American Standard Plumbing

1 Answer

Bathtub faucet knobs for cold hot and shower knobs

If you are looking for replacements, Home depot and Lowes both carry Danco replacement
knobs and stems for many models in the plumbing department as well as remodel kits
for Delta. Hope this helps.

Feb 26, 2011 | Plumbing

1 Answer

How do I remove handle of lavatory faucet to replace cartridge? The faucet is dripping and making a noise

There should be a small hole under each lever handle. Inside the hole is a handle setscrew. Use a 2.5mm hex wrench to loosen, not remove, the setscrew. turn the screw counter clockwise to loosen, and then the handel should just pull straight up and off the faucet. Here is a parts breakdown for the PRICE PFISTER Treviso Wide Lavatory Faucet T49-DK00.

Sep 07, 2010 | Price Pfister Treviso Wide Lavatory Faucet...

1 Answer

DANCO brand generic hose not connecting to supply

You have to buy a Genuine Delta Part because Delta uses a proprietary quck connect fitting at the end of the hose.

May 28, 2009 | Delta Faucet 470-DST Signature Diamond...

1 Answer

Valley II lav. faucets new handles do not have ''stops''

Check with a local plumbing supply or decent hardware store (Ace) to see if they have handle inserts that will do the job. Don't know about Danco handles but I sourced some for another brand that worked well.

Good luck.

Jan 10, 2009 | Plumbing

1 Answer

I have a water pressure problem with a Grohe Lady Lux Cafe faucet

I solved the problem by unscrewing the part of the handle which attaches to the "pullout" braided cord. There was another strainer in there which has some debris which was blocking the water flow.
John Was.

Nov 16, 2008 | Plumbing

Not finding what you are looking for?
Plumbing Logo

Related Topics:

335 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Plumbing Experts

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

659 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

14712 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

28902 Answers

Are you a Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides