We bought a computer package just over a year ago. we have never set the printer up and decided to tonight. we inserted instructional cd and followed instructions and on inserting ink cartridge to lexmark 2480 it keeps telling me there is no cartridge inserted when i have inserted it as described.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: ink cartridge supposidly missing?
Try this and see if it works, shut down the printer and the computer then restart the computer first. you may try to uninstall the printer software, then reinstall it that way you are starting fresh, the software may have missed something on the install process. then when every thing is loaded, then turn on the printer. biigg53566
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I refill my own ink cartridges, then reset the chip on the cartridge itself, using a resetter device I bought on Ebay. I'm on my 3nd Canon printer over a time period of 25 - 30 years. My savings versus buying the cartridges, I can say, I've easily saved $2,000+ over the years with my Canon printers. I computed this around 5 years ago. So I've saved a considerable probably, since that time also. I Love Canon, and hate with a passion Lexmark because of what they do to stifle the end user.
Perform reconnection inspections on the printer. Attempt to printer documents. The computer should diagnose the condostion either as missing programs or malalligned printer ink or paper or compartments not closed appropiately.
Lets do it this way. Follow these steps again carefully and try to install the Ink.
Introduction Follow the instructions below to replace the ink cartridges. Replacing the ink cartridges
1. Verify that the unit is on. 2. Open the ink cartridge door. 3. Squeeze the gray tab below an ink cartridge slot to release the gray latch and then lift the latch.
1 - Ink cartridge latch for the black ink cartridge 2 - Ink cartridge latches for the color ink cartridges NOTE: The ink cartridge areas are color-coded for easy reference. From left to right, the ink cartridges are black, yellow, light cyan, cyan, light magenta, and magenta. 4. Pull the ink cartridge toward you out of its slot to remove it.
5. Remove the new ink cartridge from its packaging. 6. Hold the ink cartridge by the handle and then slide the ink cartridge into the empty slot. NOTE: Make sure that the ink cartridge is inserted into the slot that has the same shaped icon and color as the ink cartridge. The copper-colored contacts should be facing the printer as the ink cartridge is inserted.
7. Press down on the gray latch until it clicks into place.
8. Repeat steps 3 through 7 for each ink cartridge that needs to be replaced. NOTE: All six cartridges must be installed. The printer will not work if an ink cartridge is missing. 9. Close the ink cartridge door. Print a test page.
If after doing this it does'nt work, then i will ask you to unplug the printer cable from the computer and uninstall the printer driver/Software completely.
Shut down your computer and restart it.
Re-install the printer driver/software from the start as you did when you bought it.
First you might want to try and go to Start>Settings>Control Panel> Double click Printer and Faxes right click the printer. Then select the services tab. at the very least clean the cartridges. Keep me posted, Lee