Question about Televison & Video
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I disagree with info provided, if screen of your LG lcd tv becomes green that means inverter board is working and lcd tv does not have convergence ICs.
Please unplug tv from ac wall socket for minute to get it reset, replug back in and turn it On and check its picture.
If still showing green screen then change input source with remote, if tv shows same green screen on all inputs that means its either lcd panel problem or digital signal processor got bad loacted on main board. Local tv repairman is needed to confirm and fix it.
Posted on Jul 23, 2010
I see so many here with no sound/nopicture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signsof damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down theproblem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the genericones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don'tput a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses astandby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined andsome not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on thepower/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--Iattach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flatand have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating(saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have tobuy and try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over.
puffed up bad caps in power supply
Posted on Apr 18, 2012
SOURCE: LG FLAT TV, NO SOUND,PICTURE OK
Check for jammed buttons on remote that of volume and mute. Use headphone and check whether that works. Try changing the input device to something that works. If problem persists, please refer it to a qualified service technician.
Posted on Jul 25, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 05, 2010 | Samsung LE32R73BD 32 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Oct 30, 2008 | Philips 170S4FG 17" LCD Monitor
Oct 19, 2008 | Sony BRAVIA KLV-S40A10 40 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Jun 28, 2008 | Proscan PS27108 TV
Feb 10, 2008 | Televison & Video
42 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!