Question about Symantec Internet & Communication Software
Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan
Event: Threat Found!
File: C:\Documents and Settings\VISHAL\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\41IFS5IJ\oasndn.exe
Location: C:\Documents and Settings\VISHAL\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\41IFS5IJ
Action taken: Clean failed : Quarantine failed : Delete succeeded : Access denied
Date found: Sunday, January 11, 2009 12:15:39 AM
I recommend cleaning your temporary files. To do this, in internet explorer, click tools, internet options. from there, you want to delete all your temporary internet files.
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
on May 11, 2010 | Internet & Communication Software
1. Click the Start button, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Services.
2. Select the Event Log service and click Start up. Change the Start up Type to Disabled, and then click OK. If you are unable to log on to the computer but can access the registry remotely, you can change the Start up value in the following registry key to 0x4:
3. Restart Windows.
NOTE: When the system starts up, several services may fail; a message informing the user to use Event Viewer to review errors may appear.
4. Rename or move the corrupt *.evt file from the following location:
5. In Control Panel Services tool, re-enable the Event Log service by setting it back to the default of Automatic start up, or change the registry Start up value back to 0x2.
FAT partition (Alternative method)
1. Boot to a MS-DOS prompt using a DOS bootable disk.
2. Rename or move the corrupt *.evt file from the following location:
3. Remove the disk and restart Windows.
When Windows is restarted, the Event Log file will be recreated.
hope this helps
Jul 03, 2012 | Internet & Communication Software
Nov 08, 2011 | Mozilla Firefox
Sep 28, 2011 | Google Chrome
The instructions below involve viewing your registry.
If you're uncomfortable or unfamiliar with this, you may want to consult
your local computer guru before following these steps.
Oct 01, 2010 | Google Chrome
Jul 23, 2010 | Google Chrome
Jun 24, 2010 | Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 for PC
Dec 23, 2008 | Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 for PC
Dec 17, 2008 | Google Chrome
Feb 24, 2015 | Symantec Winfax Pro 10.03 (winfax10.03)...
85 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: