Question about Computers & Internet
I just got a Supermicro server and We have it connected to a router with an ethernet cable, a monitor with a VGA cable, and a CPU with a USB cable. When we start it up it repeats itself, on startup on the monitor view, saying that it can't connect, and can't find the OS. I am hoping someone can help me get it into a state, where I can actually use the thing! If you need any Additional Information please tell me!
Did the server come with an OS installed; or was it "bare bones" set up? Typically, "bare bones systems" do not include an OS installed. Additionally, if it lacks a Windows "Certificate of Authenticity" (COA) it most likely does not have Windows (OS) installed on it. You will need to supply, install and configure an OS version that meets your needs and in the case of server software - number of licenses, etc.
Here's a link to Windows Server Software available for purchase. You'll probably soon find that this software is not cheap. You pay for each user / seat and this can drive prices up very quickly.
If it did come with an OS installed, something is wrong. It sounds like the computer has an issue that is making reading hard drive impossible. This may be due to a BIOS setting that has been corrupted or even deleted - but otherwise incorrectly lists the hard drive installed (and possibly other hardware). This is recoverable if you can change the BIOS to reflect the correct hardware. A worst case scenario is that some or all of the contents of the drive have been lost. If it was purchased recently, you should contact the seller to get it resolved.
Posted on Nov 29, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Dear Loud Nouises,
Your router must be connected properly to the cable modem. This must be to the wan port on the router.
Next, the router must be set-up accordingly to recognize the modem's internet connections. Please ask for the IP address.. and other relevant informations from your internet provider.
Set -up your computer using the internet connections wizard on each of your respective computer.
This should work fine if all connections were correctly configured.
Posted on Dec 06, 2007
Try to do port forwarding. Search for the port number that the game uses and open it on the router's Setup Page using Port Forwarding.
Posted on Apr 25, 2009
HI! I bliv u are having some issue setting up ur router.. I will be more than glad to assist u. . here are the steps u need to do:
1. press the reset button on the back of the router for 20sec..while pressing the reset button, unplug the power plug and after 2secs while pressing the reset button plug it back in and press for 30secs after that unplug the router for 15secs then plug it back in..once all the lights are solid and ok
2. connect the ethernet cable to port1 of the router and the other end to the lan port of your computer..
3. pull up ur browser then type at the url:192.168.1.1.or 192.168.0.1 or u can check the routers default gateway by right clicking the network icon on the lower right of your task bar and click on status and it will show the ip address of the computer, subnetmask and default gateway, the default gateway is the routers ip address, once u type in to the url, it will ask u the username and password, by default the username is admin and the password is 1234 or just leave it blank
4. it will show the setup page of the router. u can set the router on the specific internet setup that u have.
a. if ur isp is a cable company, normaly u need to do a mac clone on the router setup page by cloning the computer that is reg to the cable company, how to determine it. ex. the computer that is reg to the cable company is a desktop or laptop, if this computer is connected to the modem directly and u can access internet.
b. once u determined it u need to connect this computer directly to the router and do a mac clone and set ur internet settings to auto-dhcp..then save the settings and after that, unplug to the power of the modem and router, plug in 1st the power of the modem then once all lights lit, plug in the router, then once all lights lit, try to pull up a browser that ur computer is connected directly to the router.. ur cable connection shud be, cable from the modem will go to the WAN port of the router and connect ethernet cable on port1 going to the lan port of the computer..once u can access the internet, u can now access again the setup page of the router by typing at the url:192.168.1.1 and u can setup the wireless settings, u need to create a ssid or wireless name and a security..
5. If ur isp is a dsl normaly they give u a username and password to connect to the internet, ur settings on the router should be PPPoe
6. If ur isp gives u a static ip address settings, u need to set the router to isp setup.
a. how to check the isp of the isp given to u..
1. click on start
3. type cmd
4. it will show a dos prompt
5. from the dos prompt type ipconfig/all
6. it will list the ip address, subnet, default gateway, dns server
this settings should be type in to the settings on the router for static ip addressing..
7. Once your done on the internet setting, go to your wireless connection settings and you can create a wireless network name or ssid, set a security by selecting wep, wpa, wpa2.
8. once all is set. save the settings and to check if your laptop can access the wireless network that you did, turn on the wireless switch of your laptop, once its on, it will show the wireless network icon on the lower right of the taskbar, right click it and select on view available network, the network name that u did should list, just select it and connect and it will ask for the password, just type the password and connect, you should be connected to the wireless network and have internet access..
9. If you are going to hook up your desktop to the wireless connection, you need to install a wireless network adapter, install the driver and do the same thing as u did to the laptop, for the desktop no need of turning on the wireless switch, once you install the driver correctly, it will show a network icon..
if you have any query pls feel free to get in touch.. good luck
Posted on Dec 06, 2009
Is there any computer connected to the router ?
If not then you will need to connect the computer
to the router.
Do not change any wireless settings on the router
with the wireless computer.
you will need to connect the computer to the
router with the Ethernet cable.
check the IP address of the computer.
open the router set up page of the router.
Here you can change the wireless settings of the
Now once you change the network anme and security
on the router, you will need to connect to the
wireless network on your wireless computers.
Click Here for step by step instructions
Posted on Mar 13, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 06, 2014 | SuperMicro Computers & Internet
Nov 22, 2012 | SuperMicro X7SBE Server Board -...
Apr 12, 2012 | SuperMicro Computers & Internet
Nov 25, 2011 | HP ProLiant ML110 Server
Apr 30, 2011 | HP P2035N LaserJet Monochrome Printer
Dec 09, 2009 | SuperMicro (SYS-5014C-T) (SYS5014CT)...
Sep 09, 2008 | SuperMicro (SYS-5014C-T) (SYS5014CT)...
Nov 14, 2007 | SuperMicro 5014C-MT (SYS5014CMT) Server
Oct 09, 2007 | SuperMicro SuperServer 6023L-8R
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!