Question about Sewing Machines
Everything else is good, but the left needle is not stitching on the material.
Try changing the left needle and see if that helps the machine to sew
Posted on Nov 29, 2012
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Always remember T-N-T. Thread, Needle, Tension. Assuming its threaded properly, is the needle all the way in and facing the right direction? These symptoms also suggest the bobbin may be in the bobbincase upside down thus turning in the wrong direction. Hope this helps.
Posted on Aug 23, 2007
SOURCE: skip stitch
The three most obvious causes (other than that of the machine possibly being slightly out of time) are:
1) Too small of a needle size - increase the size.
2) A needle that has a flaw / defect - change the needle.
3) Needle not inserted correctly, either not pushed all the way up into the needle bar, or not installed facing the correct place. On this machine, the small "scarf" in the needle (an indent just above the eye) shouldface the right side of the machine.
Posted on May 07, 2009
Hi! Here are two things to check that generally cause problems like this:
1. Check that you're threading the machine correctly, especially the take-up lever.
2. It may be that you need to tighten the top tension. When the top tension is too loose, it'll cause big gobs of thread, like you say, on the back of the material. All this thread is actually top thread (not bobbin thread). (I recommend using different colored threads in your top thread and in your bobbin when you suspect tension problems.)
A couple of things to remember when you are adjusting the tension:
Let me know if this helps, ok?
Posted on Mar 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 22, 2015 | Sewing Machines
Apr 09, 2015 | Sewing Machines
Oct 12, 2014 | Elna Sewing Machines
Oct 11, 2014 | Sewing Machines
Oct 30, 2013 | PfaFF Creative 7570
Feb 01, 2013 | Sewing Machines
Jan 13, 2010 | Elna Sewing Machines
Nov 24, 2008 | Singer 3116 Simple
Oct 13, 2008 | White Sewing Superlock 2000 ATS Mechanical...
Mar 25, 2017 | Janome Memory Craft 9500 Computerized...
May 22, 2018 | Singer Sewing Machines
14 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!