Question about Heating & Cooling
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I have a Honeywell T8131C
I tried all the tricks mentioned previously to no avail.
These are the steps I performed to get it to work:
1. Remove batteries and make sure the battery contacts inside the unit are clean.
2. Disconnect all the wires from the back of the unit. Be careful not let any of the bare wire ends to come in contact with each other. Make sure you mark the wires or verify that the color code matches the markings on the rear cover:
R=Red wire (low voltage DC); and
C=Common (wire color varies)
3. Leave the unit disconnected with batteries removed for about an hour to make sure all the memory drains. I waited an hour, but it may not require that much time.
4. Install the batteries in the correct positions per the instructions. The unit should perform a power up display test, then the display will flash the time and temperature.
5. Set the clock and the display will stop flashing.
6. Slide the switch to cool and/or heat and program the desired weekday/weekend settings.
7. Slide the switch back to off once all weekday/weekend settings are made.
8. Reconnect the wires that were removed in step 2.
9. System should be operational at this time.
Posted on Apr 22, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 21, 2016 | Heating & Cooling
Oct 07, 2017 | Water Heaters
May 28, 2017 | Water Heaters
Sep 01, 2011 | Honeywell Programmable Thermostat Heater
Nov 08, 2010 | Honeywell Heating & Cooling
Feb 19, 2009 | Thermador C302U Electric Double Oven
Feb 04, 2009 | Honeywell Programmable Thermostat Heater
May 29, 2008 | Heating & Cooling
21 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!