- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If your Leapster 2 will turn on, but the touch screen is not responding to the stylus, try re-calibrating the stylus with the screen using the steps below:
1. Turn your Leapster 2 off, and remove the game cartridge.
2. Hold down the 'hint' button while the game is off. The 'hint' button is the middle small button in the row of three above the directional pad on the left, with a '?' on it.
3. With your finger still firmly on the 'hint' button, turn the Leapster 2 back on. Keep your finger on the 'hint' button.
4. The screen should be displaying the calibration screen. You can release the 'hint' button now.
5. Press the 'A' button on the right to enter the calibration screen.
6. A small '+' sign will appear on the screen. Touch it with the stylus. A new '+' sign will appear. Touch this with the stylus too, and repeat for as many '+' signs as your Leapster 2 throws at you.
7. The screen will return to the calibration screen. You can now turn the machine off. Leave the cartridge out of the console, and turn it back on.
8. Your stylus and touch screen should now be working, enabling you to sign in as usual.
9. If it is working correctly then you can turn it off, add a game cartridge and turn it back on
Thank you for using fixya! I hope I had helped you with your problem. May you have a good day!
can try calibrating the stylus pen. Hope
this works :) Here are step by step instructions straight from the
If your Leapster2 does not respond to the stylus pen, it needs to be calibrated. Calibrating the Leapster2 is easy:
1) Ensure that a game cartridge is not inserted in the Leapster2
2) Hold down the Hint (?) button while
turning the unit on. Continue to hold the Hint button down until the
LEAPSTER2 menu appears. Remember that you need to hold the "Hint" button
down the whole time while you are pressing the power button, and
3) The LEAPSTER2 menu will show the
options Base Info, Cart1 Info, Cart2 Info, Cart3 Info, and Touch Calib.
If you do not see this menu after powering on the Leapster2, turn the
Leapster2 off and repeat steps 1 & 2 until you see the menu.
4) When the LEAPSTER2 menu screen appears, press the A button on your handheld.
5) Using the stylus pen, touch each of the crosshairs that appear
try to re-calibrate your stylus..remove any game card..then go to system settings..you can see it on the lower screen like nds icon...then select the calibration icon...icon on your right like a cross hair..then restart nds after you calibrated..try your game...hope this help
Try calibrating your screen. Please use the stylus to calibrate! The fastest way is to be on the slide-lock screen & hold the side volume button in the Up position until "Press volume down key to check" comes up onscreen. This may or may not work on all firmware versions on the current i9, but works on most. Make sure to hold the button firmly in the Up position. You will first see the normal volume speaker icon show onscreen and the volume rise, but just keep holding it Up, and eventually you should see the pop-up box noted earlier. The moment you see that pop up onscreen, immediately press the side volume button in the down position. A white calibration screen should now show & you can calibrate the touch screen using the stylus. Try to tap as close to the center of the little pulsating icons as possible, as this will more accurately calibrate your touch screen. If the calibration screen didn't come up using that method, then you can get to it from the Main menu screen. Select "Settings", then select "Pen calibration", & follow the previous instruction.
For full help topics I have a cd available for 10 us dollars. Has 100's of mp3 ring tones wallpapers, and java games and opera java browser. Guaranteed help on every question ever asked on these phones. And all settings for all cellular services. I have answered 100 questions with this CD. If interested contact email@example.com Pay Pal only, will send out First CLASS Mail in padded envelope. If interested I will send Pay-Pal invoice that can be filled out and returned with instructions. Guaranteed safe transaction.
Try using your finger to calibrate the screen at first. (If you have difficult to navigate to the alignment screen use the stylus & keyboard to feel out your way) when calibrated to an accepable degree use the stylus to calibrate the sreen, if the target doesn't respond to stylus at any specific piont use your finger. Continue this process till u get it aligned as best as possible. I suspect this problem is caused by specific points on the screen going bad.
If your Leapster2 does not respond to the stylus pen, it needs to be calibrated. Calibrating the Leapster2 is easy: 1) Ensure that a cartridge is not inserted2) Hold down the Hint button while turning the unit on3) When the LEAPSTER menu screen appears, press the A button4) Touch each of the crosshairs that appear with the stylus5) Restart unit