Question about Dishwashers
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1. Remove the top rack and lower rack.
2. Remove the lower spray arm by holding the top of the center hub and rotating spray arm counter clockwise.
3. Remove water tube feed from the back wall of the dishwasher by unclipping at top and back. Pull towards you and lift tab at the bottom on the big tube to remove the plastic clip from main water feed.
4. Remove the main water tube by turning quarter turn clockwise, then lift off. Keep the center hub from falling out so you don't lose the plastic washer.
5. Using a star tip screw driver; remove the four screws and lift off the filter cap assembly. The assembly consists of the screen filter and the food trap grate (The outer edges look gear like).
6. Look down inside this area and clean out anything foreign. usually there will be seeds, paper, and other gook. I used tweezers, toothpicks, and needlenose pliers. I remove from my dishwaser quite a bit of paper, two wooden match sticks, lots of undissolved soap etc.
7. When you have removed as much as you can, put everything back together in the order you removed it.
8. When you run the next cycle, you should immediatly hear more noise to indicate that you have cleared the pathway that allows water to flow at its intended pressure.
Posted on Nov 13, 2008
SOURCE: Dishwasher not cleaning
The dishwasher salt response is acceptable for Europeans, but U.S. dishwashers do not have a salt dispenser, nor is dishwasher salt sold in U.S. stores. U.S. consumers should descale their dishwasher using Dishwasher Magic, Lemi-Clean, Lime-A-Way, CLR, or vinegar until scale is removed from the machine, then add a rinse aid to the dispenser, which should prevent future problems. For very hard water, regular, periodic descaling treatments should be done. For the vinegar cleaning, place a full cup (8 oz) of vinegar in the top rack of the dishwasher. This way the vinegar is release throughout the wash cycles, performing a more thorough cleaning.
Posted on Mar 11, 2009
Very common problem is soap build up in these machines. Try putting it into a wash cycle with no dishes, and no soap. Let it wash for about 5 minutes, and then open the door. If you see alot of soap suds, then soap build up is the problem. Try doing a couple loads with no soap, and no dishes, and throw a cup of vinegar into the machine halfway through the wash. Repeat as necessary. This should solve your problem.
Posted on Mar 14, 2009
The top rack is not cleaning because of low water pressure from the wash motor to the upper spray arm.
Assuming the top spray arms are clear of debris, remove the lower spray arm to access the wash motor. Remove the 4 torx screws and the filter (accumulator assembly). Remove the torx screw and the inlet protector that covers the chopper assembly. Make sure the chopper is not broken (broken chopper will fill with debris and block water flow). While holding the chopper blade, reach inside the "D" shaped opening on top of the motor and spin the wheel/motor by hand in each direction to make sure either the chopper gear or the motor gear that drives the chopper is not broken. Replace the chopper if necessary . If the motor gear is broken, replace the sump and motor assembly . Remove any debris from the sump area in the process.
You don't have to shut the power off to the dishwasher because the door will be open, but if you feel more comfortable, do so.
Posted on Mar 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 03, 2015 | Washing Machines
If you select the Normal Cycle, twice during the cycleyou will hear the wash motor going on and off at amuch different cadence. The pump will pulse severaltimes, repeatedly turning on for less than a secondand off for 10 seconds. This allows it to drive soils off the filter and into the drain while using very littlewater. If, after selecting the Normal Cycle, you select either the Sanitize or Hi-Temp Wash options your dishwasher will understand that a stronger wash is needed and it will not use this pulsing routine
Jul 25, 2013 | Frigidaire 24 in. FDB1050REC Stainless...
Oct 07, 2011 | Frigidaire Professional Series 24 in....
"Er Clean S" is a common error with Frigidaire which means
shorted keypad. The issue is with the touchpad/keypad that should be replaced.
However, before replacing the keypad you can unplug it and take it apart
completely and use a hair dryer to blow some warm air on the keypad assembly to
blow the moisture off. Hope this helps...please post back for further
Aug 27, 2011 | Frigidaire Professional Series 24 in....
Nov 24, 2009 | Frigidaire Dishwashers
Aug 30, 2009 | Frigidaire Dishwashers
Aug 07, 2009 | Frigidaire Professional Series 24 in....
Jul 08, 2009 | Frigidaire Dishwashers
Dec 16, 2017 | Samsung Dishwashers
44 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!