Question about Westinghouse Washing Machines
LD is long drain time. Be sure there is no blockage in the drain line and clear the filter if there is one. What is the model number of the unit?
Posted on Nov 28, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
looking at the tech sheet for this, it appears to be a standard whirlpool top load but with electronic controls, correct? normalling with this type a lid switch is the issue but the electronics would have a different code for this, LD is Long Drain for this model. suspect a transmission but this should help you troubleshoot. go to www.servicematters.com and click technical reference - tech library - tech sheets, enter model minus 110.prefix. this will show tech sheet with diagnostics. this book can also be found inside your console.
Posted on Mar 14, 2009
Hi just read your posting.Now I know you supplied the model number in your posting but could you please supply the name of the machine which should be written on the control panel.Is it an ENDURO or an ESPRIT --etc--?Please reply with additional information and I can help you rectify this problem.Looking forward to your reply.
Posted on Jul 27, 2010
“F21” (AKA SD) is a Long (SLOW) Drain error (LD). If the drain time exceeds 8 minutes this error code will be displayed. In addition, a “SUDS” error may also be displayed. This may be an indication of a drain pump problem and/or clog in the drain line. You will need to check the following:
1.First, attempt to unplug the washer for at LEAST 30 minutes to reset the Central Control Unit (CCU). Sometimes this is all that is required to correct momentary glitches with the unit. If the error code returns, proceed to step 2.
2.Check the drain hose to make sure it is not kinked or clogged.
3.Check the electrical connections to the pump and ensure the pump is running.
4.Remove the drain pump filter and check for foreign objects and/or debris.
To check the drain pump, click on the following link for step-by-step instructions
If the above procedures do not correct the problem, it is recommended by the manufacturer to replace the drain pump.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for helping with your FREE question
Posted on Sep 11, 2010
First of all, unplug your washer. You will need to remove the console in order to get to the lid switch. The washer may have release tabs under the console at each front corner. Simply slide a putty knife straight in from the front at each corner and push in while lifting up. You should feel the release tabs push in and the console will pop up. If not equipped with this type of console, you may have a console that has removable end caps. They can be removed by gently prying up on the top of them from the rear on each side. You may have to use a small screwdriver for this. The caps should pop right off. Once removed, you will need to loosen a screw under each cap. Once you have the console loosened, carefully lift it up and lay it back over the rear panel of the washer in its resting position. Be careful not to damage the small plastic hinges that hold it in place. Now you will need to perform the following steps:
1. Under the console you will find the lid switch connector. Unplug the switch from the connector.
2. There will be two brass colored clips. You will need to remove these to remove the machine casing. Place a flat blade screwdriver straight down into the opening on top of the washer and into the groove of the clip. Push the screwdriver away from you while holding into the groove and the clip will release.
3. Open the lid of the washer and place your hand under the front rim of the opening (DO NOT grab the wash tub). Now pull the case from the frame by lifting from the back first.
You do not have to remove it all the way from the frame, just enough to gain access to the switch. All there is to the switch is a couple of screws holding it in and a ground wire. It's a pretty easy repair job. Some models will have the switch located on the right-hand side of the lid rim opening, while other models will have the switch located on the left-hand side near the lid hinge.
Once you've completed your switch installation, make sure you get the case back on the frame correctly by following these steps:
1. While looking down through the lid opening, place the front lip of the machine case UNDER the washer frame and start leaning it back onto the frame. There are four small cleats that must fit into four slots on the case or the washer will vibrate. Make sure the frame is seated properly, lean forward from the front of the washer, grasp both sides of the rear panel and pull towards the case. The rear panel should be seated and flush with the casing before inserting the retaining clips.
2. Insert the brass-colored clips into the slot on the washer rear panel first, and then push straight down into the opening on the top of the washer with some force. If you have the case seated correctly, the clips will snap back in.
3. Make sure you plug the connector from the console back into the lid switch receptacle BEFORE you reassemble the console. This is easy to forget.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 07, 2014 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Jul 11, 2011 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Feb 19, 2011 | Whirlpool Calypso GVW9959K Top Load Washer
Aug 23, 2010 | Whirlpool Calypso GVW9959K Top Load Washer
Feb 04, 2010 | Washing Machines
Jan 26, 2010 | Taylor 7532 Ultra Thin Glass Digital Scale
Dec 29, 2009 | Whirlpool Calypso GVW9959K Top Load Washer
Nov 05, 2009 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Jul 17, 2009 | Whirlpool Calypso GVW9959K Top Load Washer
116 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: