System files missing
Hey I had the same problem and finally recieved an email from Iriver after 3 weeks. I was so frustrated about how long it took though. But anyway, i tried what they told me to do and it worked!! Here are the instructions. Good luck!
The following steps will help you manually format your H10.
Copy & paste the link into your browser.Choose SAVE, save it to your Desktop. Locate the file & unzip the file. (let it unzip to the location that has already been chosen )
1. With the player disconnected & powered off, pull out the battery, then replace the battery.
2. Connect the H10 to your computer.
3. Hold down the "O" button then press the power button. Keep holding it down until you see "UMS Connect V0.90" or "Emergency Connect" at the very top of the H10's screen & let Go. The player will then display USB connected.
4.Click Start / My Computer
5. Right Click on the player's Drive letter and select Format "Removable Disk"
6. Check "Quick Format", making sure the File system is set to "FAT32" and click "Start", then OK.
7. After formatting is complete, click OK, then click on Close.
8. Click Start / My Computer. In the section "Devices with Removable Storage", double click on "Removable Disk". You should now see no files or folders in here. This is your H10 window, minimize the Window.
9. Click on My Computer, Click on your C: Drive, Open the iRiver Folder, Open the H10 folder. Right Click on the System folder & choose Send to H10.
10. Once the file has finished copying, close the H10 Window & disconnect the player from computer.Let the H10 boot up (it may look like it locked up, give it a minute). On H10, go to Settings / Timer / Date/Time and set to current date and time.
11. Reconnect the player & re-download your files to the player.
12. Perform a Firmware upgrade to the Player.
Directions for manually updating the firmware on your H10.
Please make sure you have the player connected to the system.
Download the MTP Updater Tool and .ZIP files (Zip files are near the bottom of the page) from http://www.iriveramerica.com/support/mtpupdate/
FOR THE 5GB or 6GB PLAYERS:
A. With the player disconnected & powered off, pull out the battery, then replace the battery.
B. Connect the H10 to your computer.
C. Hold down the "O" button then press the power button. Keep holding it down until you see "UMS Connect V0.90" at the very top of the H10's screen & let Go. The player will then display USB connected.
FOR THE 20GB PLAYERS:
A. Use Paperclip (or something similar) to ?Reset? the H10 via the Reset button on top.
B. Hold in the (0) key and then Press Power. Hold both buttons in until you see ?Emergency Connection? across the top. Player is now in UMS Mode.
Run the MTP Update Utility
1. From the Main Screen, Click on Manual to proceed with the Manual Update.
2. From here you would click on the Open Button to find the .zip file you downloaded.
3. Find the .Zip file that you downloaded. Click once on the file to highlight it and then click on Open to proceed.
4. It will do a firmware check and tell you what firmware you have on the player, and what is going to be installed. Click Next to continue.
5. Once it has detected the Firmware Versions, you Click on Update (or Recovery if you want to format the player) to update to the latest version.
6. The upgrade will proceed. Please wait until the upgrade is done.
7. It shows complete message and upgraded firmware version.
Mar 13, 2007 |
iRiver H10 MP3 Player