An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: waste absorber is full in canon iP4200?
Follow this instruction:
1) With the printer power turned off, while pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press and hold the Power button. (DO NOT release the buttons. The Power LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.) 2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (DO NOT release the Power button.) 3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 2 times, and then release both the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the Alarm and Power LEDs light alternately, Alarm in orange and Power in green, starting with Alarm LED.) 4) When the Power LED lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button 4 of times. 5) Then press the Power button, then press it one more for turning off printer.Restart the printer and it will printing again.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Click the button 4 times RESUME, if you want to make another transaction. :
Look at the table below: ·1 led- Orange – Service test print 1 times – Orange – Service test print ·2 led – Green – EEPROM information print 2 times – Green – EEPROM information print ·3 led – Orange – EEPROM initialization 3 times – Orange – EEPROM initialization ·4 led – Green – Waste ink counter setting 4 time – Green – Waste ink counter setting ·5 led – Orange – Destination setting (Press Power > Press Resume 3x) 5 times – Orange – Destination setting (Press Power> Press Resume 3x) ·6 led – Green – Print head deep cleaning 6 times – Green – Print head deep cleaning ·11-13 led – Orange, Green, Orange – Return to menu selection ·14 led – Green – Left margin correction 14 times – Green – Left margin correction
Turn off the printer POWER button.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
There is a fix, design flaw as you say. You need a new ink absorber kit which includes a mylar strip so it won't happen again. What's happening is the waste ink from the purge assembly is pumped over to the center of the absorber pads and when it dries it stops the flow and it backs up thru the exit rollers.
Error 5B00 refers to the waste ink absorption pads.
Inkjet printers have a fibrous pad inside them that collects the waste
ink from cleaning the print head. Over time, this pad fills up with ink
and can no longer hold any more. When this occurs, the printer
indicates error 5B00.
the waste ink absorption pads is something an authorized canon service
facility can take care of for you.
You need to reset the waste ink counter. The printer doesn't know that you have replaced or cleaned the pads you need to tell it.
1. Turn off printer 2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button. 3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go. 4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go. 5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking. 6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times. 7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more. 8. Your printer should respond as normal.
Hope that helps, if it does please rate my solution.
hello Nick Ames i am nichu ,glad to hear that you are havin the printer Canon iP4200 .even i had the same problem but found the solution even u will find it........
you can download the
Full Driver for Canon iP4200 including CD printing... from this website -http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010232.asp