Question about Exercise & Fitness
I just got the treadmill from a friend. It wont turn on. The console lights up. The fan and the heart rate monitor work fine. The incline works, but only goes up a quarter of what it should. This treadmill only has 35 miles on it. My friend is puzzled. Any ideas would be very much appreciated.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have the exact same problem with the very same treadmill that i bouth 10 years ago and it has been sitting for 5 years unused. The last time it was turned on it worked but now that I plug it in and try to start it, everything works but the belt drive motor. Any ideas?
Posted on Feb 09, 2010
SOURCE: Treadmill incline error
Try this, it fixed it for me, if it doesn't work let me know
I bought a used Precor 9.4 treadmill, but the incline adjustment was not working.
So, I did the following.
1. Turn off, unplug the treadmill and wait for an hour (this is for safety
2. Remove the black motor cover
3. Observe the transformer to the right of the motor and towards the belt ( I point to it in the video)
This transformer converts DC electricity to AC electricity and the AC current goes directly to the Incline motor which is in the black box towards the front of the machine.
4. On mine the wires had come loose from the transformer, they were soldered on very poorly, the wires are stiff and you should be able to see 4 wires coming from the top of the circuit board and plugging into the transformer, I had three of the 4 wires loose.
5. If you are not comfortable working with electronics or soldering DO NOT DO THIS REPAIR, you could get shocked very badly if you just go poking around in there with metal objects, get a friend who knows how to solder or hire someone.
6. It took about 5 minutes I just heated up my $10 soldering gun from radio shack and soldered all the loose wires that were about a millimeter away from the tabs on the back of the transformer, and VOILA! The incline now works!
Posted on Mar 25, 2010
SOURCE: When I turn on the
First of all you need a Surge protector, you can get one from Nordictrack.com, it is on sale. Secondly, unplug the treadmill and leave it unplugged for at least 24 hours. Before you plug it back again, make sure you already have a surge protector on your outlet. Also make sure Trreadmill is the only load on this circuit. Plug it and try again. I had the same problem, and mine works this way. Some times, with dilrty power, the bit get set and the bottons stop working. Good Luck!
Posted on Jan 03, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 07, 2013 | Icon Image 17.5 S Treadmill
Make sure the heart rate monitor is under your clothing, against your
skin, and as high under the pectoral muscles as is comfortable. Note:
If the heart rate monitor does not function when positioned as
described, try moving it slightly lower or higher on your chest.
Make sure the logo on the sensor is facing forward and is right side
Use saline solution (saliva or contact lens solution) to wet the two
electrode areas on the sensor unit. If the heart rate readings do not
appear until you begin perspiring, re-wet the electrode areas.
As you walk or run on the treadmill, position yourself near the
center of the walking belt. For the console to display heart rate
The heart rate monitor is designed to work with people who have
normal heart rhythms. Heart rate detection problems may be caused by
medical conditions such as premature ventricular contractions (pvcs),
tachycardia bursts, and arrhythmia.
The operation of the heart rate monitor can be affected by magnetic
interference caused by high power lines or other sources. If you
suspect that magnetic interference may be causing a problem, try
relocating the treadmill.
If the heart rate monitor still does not function properly, test it
by having another person try it.
Jan 22, 2013 | Ironman Exercise & Fitness
Nov 26, 2012 | RTO Image 15.0R Treadmill Walking Belt
Jan 02, 2011 | Nordic Track NordicTrack Treadmill, A2550
Dec 05, 2010 | Heart Interface Ifit Treadmill My Progress...
Jan 02, 2009 | Polar S410 Heart Rate Monitor
34 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!