HP pavilion is "chirping" how do i get it to stop?
The mute button flashes from orange to blue and back again, then both colors. It chirps when it does this. I seem to need to update vist or hp itself inorder to get it to stop then i am also crossing my fingers. any ideas.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Is the volume muted or not when the light is orange? If it is muted then use the icon on task bar and increase the volume, to see if color changes. If it is not muted and a change of volume does not affect the color of the light, maybe that is the normal color for it. Did you read the manual and find that orange means trouble. On my computer, the light for my WifI is always orange. The speakers may be muted by an Fn +Fx key sequence, or some additional buttons on the computer.
there are only two kinds of moving parts in a computer that may cause a chirping noise:
- the hard disk: you better make a backup of critical data on your hard drive
- the fan: less critical since the data on your disk is not affected in case of a break-down, but annoying nonetheless. attention: a broken fan may cause the CPU to overheat. in general the pc turns itself off in case of overheating, but if it doesn't, the CPU may be damaged severely.
My mute button on my hp pavilion dv7-1262us stopped working after I updated my IDT High-Definition Audio CODEC through Microsoft update. The volume worked but the button stayed orange. I went to Device Manager- Sound,video and game controllers then IDT Audio CODEC. Click the Driver tab then click the Roll Back Driver button. This rolled the driver back to an older version but it fixed the problem. This is a Vista machine. Hope this helps.