Question about FSP HP Pavilion s3500f Power Supply Upgrade FSP200-50PLA2-SL
Before installing the new power supply the computer wouldn't come on. Now it comes on, runs for a few, speeds up then cuts off
1) Computer clean inside? Especially processor fan, and finned Heatsink? [FOLLOW Anti-Static Precautions ]
Dust, dirt, hair, food crumbs, lint, etc, on the bottom of the motherboard? You have to remove the motherboard to see.
2) Thermal Paste on top of Processor dried up?
Thermal Pad? Peel off, THOROUGHLY clean, apply fresh new Thermal Paste - Properly
3) Are the Electrolytic Capacitors in good shape, or bad; on the motherboard?
4) All cables plugged in, to include power cables; and if you have an Intel processor, especially this power cable,
5) Remove all Ram Memory module/s ('Stick'), and replace. It's easy to bump one loose, and you can't tell by eye.
You have to remove/reinstall to be sure.
Need more specific info? I need the computer name, and model number, (Back of computer next to Windows product key; or up on side of computer tower) Or the motherboard manufacturer name, and model number. Post back in a Comment.
Posted on Nov 27, 2012
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 14, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Feb 17, 2010 | XFX NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT 256MB DDR2 PCI...
May 18, 2009 | Gateway Computers & Internet
May 12, 2009 | Bestec (ATX-250-12E) 250-Watt Power Supply
Apr 29, 2009 | Dell (6F858) Cooling Fan
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: