Question about Belkin Surf N300 Wireless Router (722868807347)
My Belkin N300 router will connect to my computer, but will not connect to the internet. I tried troubleshooting and all it said to do was unplug, plug, ect. This didn't help. It also said that my connection to the internet was broken?
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: problem with belkin router
assuming you are connecting wirelessly; you may have to check that the router is allocating ip addresses automatically to your pc's. connect one of your pc's to the router via the RJ45 network cable that was supplied and not wirelessly and type 192.168.2.1 in your internet browser, this will take you into the routers setup menu. Look for a menu refering to 'DHCP' and make sure that this is enabled, then look for the channel number that the router is using (normally 6 or 11) and make a note as if you are still experiencing signal loss, you can get back into the router and change to any channel between these numbers incase you are getting appliances interfering with the signal, save and exit from the router menu. disconnect the cable then go to control panel, network connections and right click on the connection you are using whether it is wired or wireles and click on properties. Look for the line TCP/IP and again click on the line and select properties, then make sure automatically obtain ip address is selected, ok and close window. Restart the pc's and you should have a connection.
Posted on Jul 08, 2007
There are a few things that can cause you to lose wireless connection with your wireless router.
1. Weak signal strength, check the signal strength on your wireless card. If it is weak move the wireless router away from walls and if possible locate the wireless router higher up.
2. Have you secured your wireless router from people near your from unauthorized access? Ie. change the default password, setup encryption use WAP2 or WAP, change the default SSID, and turn off SSID broadcast, and for added protection, enable MAC address filtering which allows only the MAC address/es of your wireless card/s to connect to your wireless router.
3. You could be getting interference from electrical sources such as air conditioners, ard welders, washing machines etc. If so the power supply to the wireless routers and computers etc should be connected to a surge protection power board, better still connect your computer equipment to an UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) .
4. Check the channels of the wireless routers and access points in your area and and change the broadcast channel on your wireless router to an unused channel or one that has the weakest signal strength. This will minimize the interference with your wireless router from the wireless routers and access points in your area.
Posted on Sep 29, 2009
SOURCE: I have just bought this
I have the mentioned all the possible ways to get this issue resolved.
First Lets try changing the Wireless password and user name,In most of the cases this works.
1) Open a new web page delete whatever you see in the address bar(press F4 and press delete).
2) Type in 192.168.2.1 and press enter button on your keyboard.
3) Then comes the Router Configuration Page.
4) If it is asking for Password,do nothing just click submit.
5) Towards your left on the page you will see Wireless. Under that you would also see a sub Heading Channel and SSID.
6) To edit the wireless settings click on Wireless tab in the setup page. You can edit the Wireless network name and wireless channel.
Wireless name (SSID) is the name of your wireless network. The most recommended wireless channel is 6. You can use wireless channel 1 and 11 too.
Now change The SSID,delete the current SSID and give it a new name.
7)To enable wireless security on click on security under wireless tab. And follow the Picture below.
For further assistance refer the link below.
Posted on Nov 26, 2010
WIRELESS SECURITY ISSUES
Step 1 : Connect Router - Computer ( Wired)
Step 2 : Open Router Setup by typing http://192.168.2.1 on the address bar of internet explorer
Step 3 : On the left under wireless click wi - fi protected setup
Step 4 : Leave the password blank and click on submit
Step 5 : Disable it and Click on apply changes
Step 6 : On the left under wireless click Security
Step 7 : Enable 64 Bit WEP
Step 8 : Type a 10 digit number on the key 1 ( 2 in each box )
Step 9 : Click apply changes
Step 10 : on the left under wireless click channel and SSID
Step 11 :Change the Wireless channel to 6
Step 12 : Change the SSID to a different name ( no Spaces )
Step 13 : Click apply changes
Step 14 : Now Scan and connect to this network ( Wireless )
Let me know if it works
Posted on Dec 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 20, 2014 | Belkin Surf N300 Wireless N Router
Nov 11, 2017 | Belkin Surf N300 Wireless Router...
Dec 26, 2012 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Oct 26, 2012 | Belkin Surf N300 Wireless N Router
Aug 28, 2012 | Belkin Share N300 Wireless N Router
May 30, 2011 | Belkin Share N300 Wireless N Router
Apr 30, 2011 | Belkin Surf N300 Wireless N Router
Jan 30, 2011 | Belkin Surf N300 Wireless Router...
Nov 04, 2017 | Belkin Surf N300 Wireless N Router
Dec 30, 2013 | Belkin Surf N300 Wireless Router...
Aug 26, 2017 | Belkin Surf N300 Wireless Router...
796 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: