An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: 30 cover error
Disconnect the printer or at least be sure it is turned off.
I'd do both and reinstall the CD software program that came with
the printer. When the software program asks you to connect the
printer to the USB port, do so and it should again work properly.
Hope this helps. Bud
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
IBM infoprint 1622 - Photoconductor
When replacing a photoconductor on an IBM infoprint 1622 you must follow these following steps to reset the counter.
1. Open up the printer front cover and Install the photoconductor.
2. Close the cover.
3. Turn the printer off. Press and hold the 'Select' and 'Return' buttons, then turn on the printer. 'Config Menu' should appear on the display.
4. Press 'Menu' until 'Reset PC Cnt' appears. Press 'Select'.
5. Press 'Menu' until 'Exit Config Menu' appears. Press 'Select'.
6. Open the front cover.
7. Press and hold the red 'Cancel' button with the triangle on it for 3 seconds. All the lights should then cycle.
8. Close the front cover. The Photoconductor Maintenance counter is now reset.
1 Printer POR Turn the printer off and on several times. If Error Code 900 continues to display, go to step 2.
2 System board Make sure the system board is properly seated in connector J7 on the interconnect board. Turn the machine off and on several times, waiting a few minutes between power on and power off. If Error Code 900 continues to display, go to step 3.
3 Factory defaults Restore factory defaults. See “Restore EP Factory Defaults” on page 3-18. This resets the non-critical areas of the user NVRAM. If Error Code 900 continues to display, go to step 4.
4 Sub error codes With Error Code 900 displayed, press Select and Return. Record the complete list of Sub Error Codes on the display. Check the “Base printer sub error codes” on page 2-6. If none of the Sub Error Codes are listed, then call your next level of support.
The toner used must be for a different printer. That error message is displayed when the chip on the toner is not the correct one for that printer. It may be a defective cartridge, or the incorrect model. Try to go back to the place you bought it and return or exchange for the correct one.
1. Remove the left door.
2. Remove the right cover
3. Remove the paper support
4. Remove the redrive cap
5. Press the fuser wiper cover latch and remove the cover.
6. Remove the top cover screws
7. Remove the paper bin full sensor flag assembly from the mounting bracket
8. Remove top cover.
9. Remove 3 screws and the cables, the printhead will now come out.
10. After replacing the printhead run some test prints with the cover off, loosen the 3 screws holding the printhead to make any adjustments needed to insure the print is straight.
If both Lights are solid, it means that the top cover is still open and the toner is low. Please make sure the top cover is closed all the way. If the toner light is blinking and the errror light is solid, it means there is a toner cartridge error. Please try a new cartridge. If that solves the issue, then you should return the damaged one.