Question about Linksys -Cisco Wireless-G VPN Broadband Router [ WRV54G ] (107013)
Reason; it says that we have a connection but the network is locked .
"This network requires a security key ".
How do you unlock the network?
Well, sounds like you have a wep or wap encryption on your network...Usually to fix it (if you don't know your wep or wap) just press the reset button on your router. This has happened to me before, and that is all i had to do.
Posted on Jan 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 13, 2011 | Routers
1. Connect the computer to one of the four LAN ports on the router.
2. Open a web browser on the computer.
3. In the address bar of the web browser, type http://192.168.2.1
4. Click Login in the upper right-hand corner of the page. The router does not ship with a password, so just click Submit.
5. Click on Security in the left-hand column under the Wireless heading.
6. Use the drop-down menu and select "WPA/WPA2-Personal (PSK)".
either WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, or WPA-PSK+WPA-PSK2 as your Authentication;
doing this will set the Encryption Technique automatically.
8. Enter a word or group of characters in the password (PSK) box. The Pre-Shared Key must be 8 to 63 characters in length. Note: The PSK (Pre-Shared Key) is case-sensitive ("A" is different than "a").
a. Unchecking the Obscure PSK box will allow you to see the security key that has been typed.
9. Click the "Apply Changes" button to save the settings.
Any/all wireless computers that connect to this network will be required to have this Pre-Shared Key (password).
Feb 28, 2011 | Belkin F5D7234-4 Router
Feb 16, 2011 | Gateway Belkin 54g Wireless DSL/Cable...
May 29, 2010 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Sep 09, 2009 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
Jul 13, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
Apr 19, 2009 | NetGear WNR854T Router (WNR854T100NAS)
Apr 06, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax NEXT WNR834B Wireless...
Jul 18, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Jun 27, 2008 | NetGear RANGEMAX WNR834M Router...
116 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: