Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
A. PS3 doesn't work at all with HDMI cable (which works fine with XBOX 360).
B. When using standard composite cables:
- Games don't start or even show up in menu
- Everything is in black and white
- Screen shakes whenever any action is performed
- Only works with default resolution, which leaves some text offscreen
- Can't switch resolutions, even to those supported by the TV.
- When attempting to switch resolution, screen just goes dark as if it isn't supported.
- Problems are persistent with all TVs in the house.
It's my sisters PS3, so I can't say for sure, but apparently everything started when she tried to play a new game for the first time. The PS3 is from Europe, and the game was from the US, but it played US games fine before then. I'm guessing the problem is either from overheating or dust, but I don't know. Please help.
Well it might be becuase your ps3 is european. Im no expert on the matter, but when i bought an hdmi cable and hooked it up to my hd compatible tv, i switched to the hd input (which happened to be input4 on my tv) and a message popped up saying that the ps3 has detected hd output, would you like to change settings? and it did it automatically after i hit yes.
Posted on Jan 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 16, 2011 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite Console - Black
Jan 03, 2011 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Mar 03, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Jan 06, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite Console
Jan 03, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite Console
Jan 02, 2008 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
134 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!