- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
the only thing left to try is to try and format the device and see if you can restore it back to factory default settings. You go to the menu and to the format option. This will permanently remove any recordings you have done and as I said restore the device back to factory settings. If that doesn't work then you will probably need to send it to Olympus for repair service.
You will all need to call Olympus to have the software be emailed to you as it is not available for download from their website. The telephone number to call is 888-553-4448 option 5 and then option 2 for Digital Voice Recorders
Use Sound recorder that is included on Windows XP it gives the easiest conversion option for .WAV files.
Converting the File Properties
1. Left click Start, Programs, Accessories, Entertainment, Sound Recorder. If you
intend to do this procedure often it is recommended to drag the Sound Recorder shortcut
icon onto your Desktop for convenience.
2. In the Sound Recorder box click on File> Open
3. In the Look In field locate and select your file. Click Open.
4. The Sound Recorder box is back. Click File> Save As.
5. In the Save As box click Change… There are all the options listed that you can change and the bit rate is one of the options.
Hi joncoo...the English Manual for your DS-50 DvR can be downloaded by clicking on the following URL:
Available Software for Olympus DvR's can be found by clicking on the following URL:
Please return to update your post on your progress and/or if you have any further questions.....good luck my friend...chris