I have a broadband wireless router wrt54gs.all lights come on and then when i hook up internet it says that i have not been connected.i have tried to upgrade firmware for this product and it wont download says not online and i know am online
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Your Internet service provider is comcast cable company. You need to open the setup page of the router and change the Internet connection settings manually.
Connect the computer to the router and modem to the router. Open the setup page of the router using 192.168.1.1 Click on MAC address clone. Enable it and click save settings. Power cycle the router and your main computer will be online. Then you can change the wireless settings manually.
If I am not wrong then this number ( CGN91F5G2439 ) is serial number of WRT54GS v6 router. You can setup Linksys WRT54GS router without CD. Connect your computer to the modem and make sure that modem is getting active Internet. Connect the computer to the router and modem to the router. OPen the setup page of the router and change the Internet connection settings of the router.
WRT54G 2.4 GHz Broadband Router with 4-Port Switch:
Go to LinkSys
Resetting the Router will erase all of
your settings (WEP Encryption, Wireless and LAN settings, etc.)
and replace them with the factory defaults.
There are two ways to reset the Router's factory defaults:
Press the Reset Button for approximately 10 seconds
With the help of your Gateway router, you can share your broadband
internet connection with multiple wired and wireless devices. Backed by
Gateway's online customer support, any issues with you network and
router should be resolved promptly.
You can still use your existing Linksys router with your cable modem. In fact the router your have is designed to work with DSL/Cable Broadband connections.
1. Make sure to properly connec the devices in your network. Modem will be connected to the Internet port of the router. Then, laptop will be connected to one of the 4 Ethernet ports of the router. For initial setup of your router with modem, you need to hardwire laptop to the router.
2. Press and hold reset at the back of the router for about 15 seconds.
3. After 15 seconds turn off the router and then turn off the modem. Wait for a minute.
4. Power on modem and wait for the lights to be ready.
5. When modem lights are on, turn on router.
6. There should be 4 lights on. Power should be steady green. Internet, WLAN and Ethernet port.
7. Checked if you have Internet connectivity on your laptop while it is wired to the router.
8. If Internet is working, disconnect laptop from wired connection to the router and check available wireless network that laptop can detect.
9. The default wireless network name that the Linksys router broadcasts is "linksys". Connect to it which is an unsecured wireless network.
10. Once you are successfully connected, check Internet.
-- who is your internet service provider -- what is the operating system of your computer? -- are you using a wired or wireless computer in configuring the router?
you may try this and see if this help solve your problem. make sure your computer is directly connected to the router
Step 1: Shutdown the computer. Step 2: reset the router while power on then Unplug the router’s power cable. Step 3: Unplug the Broadband modem’s power cable and wait for 30 seconds. Step 4: Plug in the Broadband modem’s power cable and wait for its lights to appear stable. Step 5: Plug in the router's power cable once the modem’s lights appear stable. Step 6: Power on the computer on and configure the router settings Step 7: test the Internet connection.
configuring the router settings will depends who is your provider. if your isp is dsl you need to configure your ISP username and password on the router. if your router is a cable no need to change any settings on the router. it should automatically work
Hi, I am having the same problem with the WRT54XG4 but i discovered that if you disconect the internet port of your router and leave the ethernet port conected to your computer. You can access to the router and you can upgraded.