Hi and welcome to FixYa, I am Kelly. Usually when an ice maker slows or stops ice production it is a symptom of an aitomatic defrosting problem. The freezer must maintain 14 - 16 Deg F for the ice maker to make ice. Any temp above that an ice production stops. If the freezer is in the 14 - 16 deg F temp range then the problem can be the thermostat in the ice maker or the inlet water valve.
Here is simple test you can do at home to see if the inlet water valve is working:
1. Unlpug the unit for at least 10 minutes.
2. Remove the fiber board cover on the back of the unit.
3. Locate the inlet water valve and SWITCH the 2 connectors on the inler water valve.
4. Open the freezer door and hold the light switch button depressed. (or tape it down)
5. Take a glass and attempt to draw water through the door. Do this just long enout to realize water is going into the ice-maker.
^- NOTE the water will actually be going into the icemaker and the water valve is good!
If you have water going into the ice maker when you try water in door then the problem is either an automatic defrosting problem or an ice maker problem.
MAKE SURE TO RESTORE THE INLET WATER VALVE CONNECTORS to their original positons!
The ice maker can be tested using this link:
If the icemaker checks out good then the freezer is too warm and there is some reasonthat the freezer is warming up. Usually this is caused one of the following:
1. Defrost control board. Item 13 this link:
2. The defrost element and thermostat. Item 12 this link:
The wiring diagram can be found here:
Here is how I would approch troubleshooting on your unit:
1. Check out the icemaker using the american appliance link above.
2. Do a manual defrost by unplugging the unit and placeing a fan blowing into the freezer compartment for just over 2 hours. (Makes a water mess!)
3. Return the unit to normal service for a few days.
If it starts making ice..... you have an automatic defrost problem or... the evaporator fan is not running at full speed.
One last note... anytime you unplug the unit you must wait about 15 minutes for the cooling system to stabilze or the compressor will NOT start.
Thanks for choosing FixYa,