I also have exactly the same problem with the player stuck in demo mode. I can only get into setting mode of the clock. Otherwise none of the buttons work. I have tried putting the player in DEMO OFF mode by holding PUSH/MENU, but I can't access the set mode. Can any one help?
I have seen this many times on my 2 stereos. Sometimes it can be fixed by these methods
1) Just keep punching buttons at ramdom on the faceplate and eventually it may unlock. This is about all you can do if you are driving at the time.
2) Take off the faceplate and hit the stereo reset button with a toothpick or paperclip. This button is under a small hole on the front of the stereo behind the faceplate. Hold the reset down several seconds. This will lose all your station presets etc, but sometimes will unfreeze the faceplate when you put it back on.
3) Totally remove power to the stereo by pulling the fuse, or taking the terminal off the car battery. This is very inconvienient, but does a fuller reset than just pressing the reset button.
4) If all else fails (and it has for me once), go on Ebay, and search for "CDC-X504MP" and buy a replacement faceplate.
I had the same problem. and after many attempts i found the way to unlock demo mode. put your player into setting mode of the clock by pressing DISP button for at least two seconds. and then pres SOURCE button.. this helped in my case.. i hope this is the same for other players.. as easy as it sounds.. :)
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
My Samsung did this as well. Unplug for at least two minutes and plug back in. Press the clock button twice. Set the time and press clock button once more. Doesn't have to be correct time, any time will do as you can go back and set correct time later. After pressing clock it should be out of demo mode. Try 1 second on high cooking. This should take care of the problem.
make sure the unit is switched off and the clock is displayed then
1 Press and hold (SEL).
The setup display appears.
2 Press (SEL) repeatedly until the
desired item appears.
3 Press the volume +/– button to select
the setting (example “ON” or “OFF”).
4 Press and hold (SEL).
The setup is complete and the display returns
to normal play/reception mode.
Displayed items will differ, depending on the source
With the card remote commander
In step 3, to select the setting, press < or ,.
The following items can be set (follow the page
reference for details):
“z” indicates the default settings.
*1 When the unit is turned off.
*2 When the audio output is set to “SUB.”
BEEP To set “BEEP-ON” (z) or
SUB/REAR*1 To switch the audio output.
– “SUB” (z): to output to a
– “REAR”: to output to a
DIM (Dimmer) To change the brightness of the
– “DIM-ON”: to dim the
– “DIM-OFF” (z): to
deactivate the dimmer.
To set “DEMO-ON” (z) or
“DEMO-OFF” (page 4).
To scroll long displayed items
automatically when the group/
track is changed.
– “A.SCRL-ON”: to scroll.
– “A.SCRL-OFF” (z): to not
To select the cut-off frequency
“78HZ,” “125HZ” or “OFF
hold SEL until menu appears Using the
scan button (FWD/REV), select Demo Using the
volume knob, set it to off Using the
scan button (FWD/REV), select Clock h or clock m Using the
volume knob, set the value Press SEL to save and exit
When you are in STANDBY mode hold the menu button for a few seconds and a special menu should pop up. In this menu you should be able to set the clock, turn off or on the beep, and take your unit out of demo mode. Good luck.
Just try to initialize THE plager again.
Without cd in the player switch on the power while pressing the Play, Open and Next Track button.
On the display it says " initialized" Ready.
Frits van Heekesen
Nijmegen The Netherlands