Re: changing htc s620 language from spanish to english
Had the same problem - here's how to change back:
1. On the Home screen, click Start > Settings > Regional Settings. 2. In Language, select your preferred language. 3. In Locale, select the locale for the language you selected. The Locale option automatically changes the format of the remaining options (such as date, time, and currency) according to the locale you specify. 4. Click Done. Note: You must turn your phone off and on again for the changes to take effect.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The version of ROM loaded on your phone is only for English locale. You will need to either contact your provider, or obtain a Spanish ROM and re-flash your phone.
Re-flashing your ROM will void the warranty, and is grounds for fines on certain carriers. Please check with your provider/carrier first before attempting this method.
Also, Flashing can cause the device to become permanently defective.
As far as information for directly solving your problem, I have flashed my T-Mobile Dash so that it runs on an Original S620 ROM, obtained through the internet. The version of ROM that I was able to obtain only has English and French. However, you may be able to find better information and the files you need from the site below.
I have been unable to sort this out! I am not tech savvy...however, I understand I need to obtain a Windows 6 OS in English! I´ve checked online for freedownloads & have yet to find! So many purchasers have this problem...not realizing there isn´t a language change setting prior to purchase! I´ve spoken directly to HTC with the issue of this little advertising omission!!! They blame Microsoft!!! I intend to speak to a lawyer friend. I think it´s deceitful marketing to some degree!
BTW...HTC also justified the language setting omission issue, advising me my HTC Touch is not a smartphone...not even a phone...it´s a PDA! PDA´s according to them, do not have language change settings!!! Do note however, HTC.com site does list the HTC Touch under Touch Phones in their Product window!!!
The user manual for this phone ( available at http://www.htc.com/support/support_htcs620.htm ) says this:
To change regional settings
1. On the Home screen, click Start > Settings > Regional Settings.
2. In Language, select your preferred language.
Hope this helps!