An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: proper memory stick
You should contact the manufacture of the camera. There are some models of memory sticks that have compatibility issues with specific models of cameras. Outside of this, the memory stick may be defective, or there is a defect with the camera.
The odds are in your favor that the fault is the memory stick more so than the camera.
Another rare issue is that the data on the memory stick is corrupted. If there are no issues between the memory stick and the camera, most of the time re-formatting the memory stick should fix the fault.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
As a last resort you could copy the full card to a computer and then delete the pictures on the card and use that again.
Here is the error list from the camera manual.
This is all I can suggest from here.
"Reinsert the Memory Stick Error"
Insert the "Memory Stick Duo" correctly.
The inserted "Memory Stick Duo"cannot be used in your camera
The "Memory Stick Duo" is damaged.
The terminal section of the "Memory Stick Duo" is dirty
Memory Stick Duo (without MagicGate)
Memory Stick Duo (with MagicGate) *1 *2
MagicGate Memory Stick Duo *1
Memory Stick PRO Duo *1 *2
Memory Stick (without MagicGate)
Memory Stick (with MagicGate)
MagicGate Memory Stick
Memory Stick PRO
Some Memory Stick Duo have a write protect switch on the back.
You cannot record, edit or delete images if you
slide the write-protect switch to LOCK with a
"Memory Stick Duo", "MagicGate Memory
Stick Duo" and "Memory Stick PRO Duo" are
equipped with MagicGate functions.
MagicGate is copyright protection technology
that uses encryption technology. Data
at requires MagicGate
functions cannot be performed with this
Supports high-speed data transfer using a
It is not recommended to erase the DCIM Folder in the Camera as this is the root directory in the Digital Camera which contains DCIM (Digital Camera images). This DCIM Folder contains the sub directory where the images are getting saved. if the folder is deleted manually from the Computer, then the Camera will not recognize the Memory Stick inserted and the Computer also. if the folder is deleted or edited, then I suggest you to Format the Memory Stick again in the Camera using the Format option in the Menu of the Camera.
I copied this from Kodak website Good Luck! How do I transfer pictures from the internal memory of my KODAK Digital Camera to a memory card? Follow these steps:
On the camera, press Review and then Menu. Select Image Storage. Change to Internal Memory. In the menu listing, scroll down to Copy, and select OK. Select a single picture, or select All. When you have finished copying pictures, reset the Image Storage location to your original setting. NOTE: You can also use a card reader to transfer picture files to a memory card. For more information on card readers and memory cards, go to KODAK Memory Cards
1. Use a card reader and download the 8 pictures to your computer.
2.With no card in the camera, go into the menu and find "format" or "initialize" and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Go into the menu and see if your camera has an entry for "reset". If it does, reset the camera.
4. Insert the memory stick and do the "format"/"initialize" thing again.
Everything should work properly now.
Formatting a memory will delete all the photos including the protected images. Download important images to your PC before formatting the memory
1. Go to Settings (it will prompt you to some options) 2. Go to Format [No]: The Memory Will not be formated. [Yes}: A window for confi rming the selection displays.
3. Select the [Yes] menu.
2. A [Processing!] message appears and the memory will be formatted. If you run FORMAT in Play mode, a 3. [No Image!] message will appear.
uFlysoft Photo Recovery for Windows is an advanced utility that recovers lost images, audios, video clips, and pictures from almost all digital cameras, memory cards, hard drives, memory sticks, USB flash drives, and various others. The easy-to-use Photo Recovery utility is available for both Windows (Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2003, 2000, and 2000) and Mac (Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.4 (Tiger), and 10.3.9 (Panther)Use the Data Recovery for Mac to acheive Photo recovery on Mac) operating systems.
Hi, Please try this, turn on your camera, insert a blank memory stick, slide the side switch down to the lowest point, should say “No file in this folder” click on menu, click on Setup, use the arrows and go to Memory Stick, choose “Copy” choose “Album” the “OK” this will copy all you pictures from the Album in your camera to your memory stick.
Yes, you are possibly to recover the lost photos with so-called photo recovery software. Well, since you failed to mention the OS you are running, I'll recommend you have a try of Wondershare Photo Recovery, a program equipped with both Windows and Mac versions. For Windows OS, download from here. If you are running Mac OS X, get the program from this link. Step-to-Step Instruction:
1. Download and install the trial version on your computer, then connect your camera memory card to the computer (I assume you are using Windows). Start Wondershare Photo Recovery and select the drive letter that assigned to camera memory card. 2. Then choose the file type (all, photo, video, music) click "Star Scan". 3. Now the scanning process will start automatically to look for the deleted items. You will then get a list of all recoverable ones. 4. Preview the photos. If your deleted ones are found, then you need pay to get the activation code. And click "Recover".
Tips: 1. Take the free trial version before you buy. 2. Before your deleted items are recovered, do not take more photos or videos.