The LCD screm on my samsung 100 is completelly white
The camera is less than 3 months old I've only used it about 5 times. iIturn it on and the LCD screen is white. I can take pictures and download them to my computer but I can't see them on the camera's LCD monitor. Please help. I would hate to have to return it now.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If the rechargeable battery is more than 3 - 4 years old then the battery could be worn out. Rechargeable batteries have a finite number of charge and discharge cycles and will lose their charge capacity over time, i.e. won't charge to 100% and gradually the charge reduces until the battery won't charge up at all. OR The battery shows a 100% charge but when the adapter is disconnected the battery drops off to zero capacity in a very short time. If the battery drops to an unacceptable charge level then the battery needs to be replaced. Rechargeable batteries will fail if stored in a discharged state for long periods.
I had this problem about my touch screen same with you. The touch screen on left hand has stopped working. I had it for 20 months. I live in Thailand. I think that it is the big problem for ST550. I've brought it to Samsung Customer Center. and they've introduced me to change the new touch screen. It is about USD50.00. I am bored. I used it a little bit.
Everytime I try to turn it on, the lens comes out for about a second,
the camera beeps 3 times, the lens retracts and the camera shuts off.
The battery is completely charged and the camera is only 4 months old.
Try the following and see if this helps:
White balance setting incorrect.
images are too bright ㆍExposure is excessive → Reset exposure compensation
● Adjusting LCD Brightness 1. In any mode with the exception of Voice Recording mode, press the MENU button. 2. Press the LEFT/ RIGHT button and select the [Setup] menu tab. 3. Select the [LCD] menu by pressing the UP/ DOWN button and press the RIGHT button. 4. Select a desired sub menu by pressing the UP/ DOWN button and press the OK button. [LCD] sub menu : Dark, Normal, Bright 5. Press the menu button twice and the menu will disappear.
Turn camera off. Try removing the fully charged batteries for 30 seconds, reinsert batteries and turn camera on. Hope this helps.
The sensor for the auto-ISO may be working incorrectly. Try changing the ISO manually for different light modes. You can also try to change the white balance of the LCD.
-Setting the white balance:
1. Set the camera to still image mode
2. Press the "Set" button
3. "White Balance" should be the current selection
4. Press the "Flower" button or "Flash" button to move through the available options for white balance
5. Press "Set" again when change appropriately
- Setting the ISO:
The higher the ISO value, the less light the camera needs to make an exposure, allowing the same exposure to be achieved with higher shutter speeds or smaller apertures. In a digital camera, higher ISO value allows higher shutter speed, at the expense of mottled or grain appearing in the final picture.
1. Set the camera to Still Image mode.
2. Press the "Set" button.
3. Press the "scn" or "timer" button to select ?ISO?.
4. Press the "Flower" or "Flash" button to select the desired setting.
5. Press the "set" button to select.
50/100/200 In the same lighting condition, the higher the ISO value is, the faster the shutter speed will be.
I hope this helps.